EX-GOP congressman says Mrs. Johnson is FAIR GAME, "We have a right to attack her"

Jul 2015
Florida
That young lady showed more dignity in her 10 minutes than any of these REPUBLICANS will muster in their lifetimes.

Would someone explain to me how, "he made me cry harder" is an attack?? Would someone explain to me, 'he didn't know my husband's' name is an attack?
I don't get it.

GOP ex-congressman insists Myeshia Johnson is fair game: ‘We have a right to attack her’

[FONT=&amp]

TRAVIS GETTYS
23 OCT 2017 AT 10:21 ET
[/FONT]

Former Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) on MSNBC (Screen capture)
[FONT=&amp]DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]A Republican former congressman defended President Donald Trump for accusing a grieving military widow of lying.

Myeshia Johnson confirmed Rep. Frederica Wilson’s account of her phone call with Trump, who she said never said her slain husband’s name and suggested Sgt. La David Johnson should have expected he could be killed in action.

The president then responded on Twitter and insisted his conversation with Johnson was “very respectful” and that he spoke the slain soldier’s name “from beginning, without hesitation!”

Trump was roundly criticized for his tweets — but former lawmaker Joe Walsh rushed to his defense.

Follow

Joe Walsh
✔@WalshFreedom

Trump never attacked her.

Yes, Myeshia Johnson has a right to speak. But now that she's gotten political, we have a right to attack her. https://twitter.com/j_c_fitz/status/922448920361537539 …
9:09 AM - Oct 23, 2017

Trump never attacked her,” Walsh tweeted.

“Yes, Myeshia Johnson has a right to speak,” he added. “But now that she’s gotten political, we have a right to attack her.”...

[/FONT]
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/gop-ex-congressman-insists-myeshia-johnson-is-fair-game-we-have-a-right-to-attack-her/[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Jul 2014
Border Fence
That took awhile, but I knew I could count on the GOP to trash Mrs. Johnson.

Donald J. Trump is not the only Republican that lashes out wildly at anything they perceive to be a threat.

Donald J. Trump is just the loudest and the most grotesque.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2015
Florida
That took awhile, but I knew I could count on the GOP to trash Mrs. Johnson.

Donald J. Trump is not the only Republican that lashes out wildly at anything they perceive to be a threat.

Donald J. Trump is just the loudest and the most grotesque.
I have no idea why this PIECE OF SHIT is used as any kind of talking head--from either side. He was batshit, not to mention a DEADBEAT parent!

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

Yes, Myeshia Johnson has a right to speak. But now that she's gotten political, we have a right to attack her.
She didn't get political.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
who the fuck is he referring to as "we"?

Is he speaking for mentally ill people?

Jets

Feb 2011
New York
Why would anyone want to go after a widow for any reason whatsoever. This is a time to SUPPORT someone grieving.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2013
None of your business
That young lady showed more dignity in her 10 minutes than any of these REPUBLICANS will muster in their lifetimes.

Would someone explain to me how, "he made me cry harder" is an attack?? Would someone explain to me, 'he didn't know my husband's' name is an attack?
I don't get it.

GOP ex-congressman insists Myeshia Johnson is fair game: ‘We have a right to attack her’

[FONT=&]

TRAVIS GETTYS
23 OCT 2017 AT 10:21 ET
[/FONT]

Former Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) on MSNBC (Screen capture)
[FONT=&]DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]A Republican former congressman defended President Donald Trump for accusing a grieving military widow of lying.

Myeshia Johnson confirmed Rep. Frederica Wilson’s account of her phone call with Trump, who she said never said her slain husband’s name and suggested Sgt. La David Johnson should have expected he could be killed in action.

The president then responded on Twitter and insisted his conversation with Johnson was “very respectful” and that he spoke the slain soldier’s name “from beginning, without hesitation!”

Trump was roundly criticized for his tweets — but former lawmaker Joe Walsh rushed to his defense.

Follow

Joe Walsh
✔@WalshFreedom

Yes, Myeshia Johnson has a right to speak. But now that she's gotten political, we have a right to attack her. https://twitter.com/j_c_fitz/status/922448920361537539 …
9:09 AM - Oct 23, 2017

Trump never attacked her,” Walsh tweeted.

“Yes, Myeshia Johnson has a right to speak,” he added. “But now that she’s gotten political, we have a right to attack her.”...

[/FONT]
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/gop-ex-congressman-insists-myeshia-johnson-is-fair-game-we-have-a-right-to-attack-her/[FONT=&]

[/FONT]
This guy does not represent the GOP

This guy does not represent anyone but himself

This guy is insignificant

This guy will never hold public office again

This guy ought to pay his child support and shut his trap.

Reactions: 1 person