Explanations of why Trump fell asleep during Obama's speech

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
The temptation is to think Trump was merely bored, and perhaps that's the case. I thought of other elderly people I've known and how easily they fall asleep in front of the TV. Here are some other explanations:

Trump "fell asleep" during Barack Obama's speech because it wore him out looking up all those words in the dictionary.

Maybe Trump fell asleep - to complex sentences for him - but Melania was watching and recording Obama's speech...

Trump said he tried to watch Obama's speech but fell asleep. This only illustrates his ignorance and his childishly short attention span. It was such a relief to hear an intelligent President expressing himself skillfully in complete sentences, without the spite and fearmongering

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
The temptation is to think Trump was merely bored, and perhaps that's the case. I thought of other elderly people I've known and how easily they fall asleep in front of the TV. Here are some other explanations:
Some seem to gradually revert to infant sleeping patterns as they age. I wonder if this one sucks his thumb?

Feb 2007
In my mind
LOL ...

Oh yeah ...

I am sure that's it.
Indeed. Trump is a stupid asshole.. He routinely attacks thought and science, and is incapable of fomenting a coherent thought. I am quite sure he fears those who are more intelligent than he, which is why he overcompensates with obviously lies about how intelligent he is.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
it's very usual for a former president and his predessesor to be criticizing each other. Although, I do recall Chaney having a lot to say about Obama. That took nerve. It's true, Obama is the one to throw the first punch. But, I haven't seen him respond directly to Trump's attacks. All he's have to do is point out that most of what he said clearly went over Trump's head. Of course, given Trump's response that's pretty obvious. So, maybe Obama just isn't interested in being that petty.