Explanations of why Trump fell asleep during Obama's speech

Sep 2015
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
According to ptif, everything is the Democrats Democrats' fault, so indirectly its it's always about Trump. If only the trump cultist ptif would take off the sleeping mask and see what he is doing is totally idiotic, we could see progress, but we know that will never happen. You actually have to engage in critical thought to do so.

Dec 2014
Brisbane, Qld. Australia
Effect of Too Much Chocolate Candy

Pathetic meaninglessness.

Well, just stop doing it if it so meaningless to you. How hard is it? Seriously, what are you trying to say here? You gave me an example of poor grammar and then stated something or other using a non-sequitur about poor grammar being equated with unstructured thought. Now you complain about your chocolate habits and somehow that makes your point 'pathetically meaningless'.

What the Hell are you babbling about?? That your thoughts lack structure? Ok, I agree, as you've supplied more than ample evidence for such a claim.

Last edited:
Nov 2014
North Carolina
The temptation is to think Trump was merely bored, and perhaps that's the case. I thought of other elderly people I've known and how easily they fall asleep in front of the TV. Here are some other explanations:
Obama's pompous long-winded lectures would put anyone to sleep.

Frankly it's a mercy to not have to listen to them, so it's a good thing they put you to sleep. He speaks to people like they are children. I'll never understand what people see in that guy's speeches.

Sep 2015
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
Well, just stop doing it if it so meaningless to you. How hard is it? Seriously, what are you trying to say here? You gave me an example of poor grammar and then stated something or other using a non-sequitur about poor grammar being equated with unstructured thought. Now you complain about your chocolate habits and somehow that makes your point 'pathetically meaningless'.

What the Hell are you babbling about?? That your thoughts lack structure? Ok, I agree, as you've supplied more than ample evidence for such a claim.
A Snowflake Going Blizzard

You're cute when your dishonest denial and faked confusion makes you rant and rave, desperately hoping no one sees through you.

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state

Frankly it's a mercy to not have to listen to them, so it's a good thing they put you to sleep. He speaks to people like they are children. I'll never understand what people see in that guy's speeches.
Trump, on the other hand, keeps everyone awake wondering just what nonsense he's going to spout next.

Sep 2006
Englewood, Fl

Obama was trying to get out the vote. You've got something against voting? I know the GOP has a huge problem with voter turnout. That's why they do everything in their power to supress it. I don't hear any criticism of Trump when he does his campaign rallies in redneckville. You know, instead of actually governing. Between, golf, Television and rallies, and braggin on himself of course, and I almost forgot lying 5000 times and tweeting nonsense, we have a part time President. Don't get me wrong. I'm delighted that he doesn't screw up the democracy full time.