Exxon Mobil tops the Fortune 500 list

Apr 2011
Under your skin
Pretty disgusting if you ask me!
How many jobs do you think exist because of those 10 companies, including the company itself and all of the other companies that they do business with? It is no doubt a large part of the work force.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
How many jobs do you think exist because of those 10 companies, including the company itself and all of the other companies that they do business with? It is no doubt a large part of the work force.
Al Capone's Chicago gangs employed lots of people too.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Just did a quick search on the top 10 Fortune 500 companies and adding up each according to their own websites, they employ 4million Americans..just the top 10. WOW

Apr 2011
Under your skin
Just did a quick search on the top 10 Fortune 500 companies and adding up each according to their own websites, they employ 4million Americans..just the top 10. WOW
And that is not counting all of the other companies that exist because of them. Hate them all you want, but the economy would be suffering even more without them.

Reactions: bajisima
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
But people enjoy yelling and screaming about companies making profits. But compared to the federal government, these big 10 companies are just a drop in the bucket.
Definately. I always think the same is true with the defense budget. Not just direct defense but look at all the contractors, Lockheed, Boeing, Rockwell etc then you can break it down further to subcontractors, everyone that works at a base plus all those that support their locations, pizza guys, realtors, stores etc. I bet more Americans work for defense either directly or indirectly than probably any other industry, yet that is the first thing they want to cut. Imagine the unemployment then!

Recent Similar Discussions Forum Date
Entertainment
Science / Technology