F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
I wonder if this is also a 'back up' if Trump gets his way to eliminate Mueller. Obviously, Mueller can share everything he has with the FBI ... So Good idea FBI, knowing Trump

Also, this Cohen testifying in front of the Congress. That sure looks like something that could damage Mueller case - we know Trump once claimed he was going to declassify something, with the intention of corrupting Mueller's case...so there are things that should not be done. Is this one okay?

It appears to me, all Cohen could say is..I'll take the 5th... if he doesn't want to damage the case. But how many of Trump companions have signed up with Mueller and then backed out or tried to? Maybe Coehen is doing this to make his testimony invalid? Who know?

As I understand it, because of his cooperation agreement with Mueller, he won't be answering questions related to Russia.

Jan 2016
Colorado
^ lol ^

Congress Summons Mnuchin to Explain Russian Sanctions Removal

House Democrats have called Steven Mnuchin, the Treasury secretary, to testify before Congress on Thursday.CreditPool photo by Shawn Thew
I do not know if I have EVER seen a human being who reminds me more of a weasel than Steven Mnuchin.

I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks. I feel much better for having said that.

Jan 2016
Colorado
You just don't get it, do you? This isn't about Russia. This is about whether or not the sitting President of the United States has taken actions in the knowing service of a foreign power. It doesn't matter what power it is; I don't care if it's fucking Australia.

In your country, if the PM was credibly accused of this, never mind any type of trial, never mind the findings of an official inquiry ... they would be GONE, in an instant. What would happen with the policy of the nation would be up to their deputy, until the next election, and the departed leader would face the music (or not) in terms of the remaining criminal and national security inquiry. The rest of the world largely operates this way. Once the leader has become unable to govern because they can't do a fucking thing without talk of scandal, they have to go.

The only reason we are still here, the only reason Donald Trump remains President of the United States, is because we are addicted on the idea that the institution is greater than the man. And you know what, that's true. That's one of our greatest strengths. But it is also potentially a great weakness, and it's proving to be one now. Now, the man profanes the institution. And we're too divided, too frightened of what comes next, to take action.

I hope we eventually do. It's going to be a wild year.
This is an extraordinary post. I salute you, sir.

Jul 2014
CA
I wonder if this is also a 'back up' if Trump gets his way to eliminate Mueller. Obviously, Mueller can share everything he has with the FBI ... So Good idea FBI, knowing Trump

Also, this Cohen testifying in front of the Congress. That sure looks like something that could damage Mueller case - we know Trump once claimed he was going to declassify something, with the intention of corrupting Mueller's case...so there are things that should not be done. Is this one okay?

It appears to me, all Cohen could say is..I'll take the 5th... if he doesn't want to damage the case. But how many of Trump companions have signed up with Mueller and then backed out or tried to? Maybe Coehen is doing this to make his testimony invalid? Who know?
Barr who he has put forth as the AG to replace Sessions goes before Congress next week to be grilled.

I 100% guarantee you that they will make sure they will keep asking him questions over and over again about NOT interfering with the Mueller investigation.

From what I have read Mueller gave the House the ok to go ahead and have Cohen testify. So I doubt he would that if he, in any way, could damage his case.

This is still SO mind-blowing to me. Never, ever in our history has a POTUS been under a counterintelligence case. We are in five-alarm emergency mode here.

But in a small way, I kind of have to laugh. Had he not fired Comey, he probably would not be under investigation for being a Russian asset.

Jul 2014
CA
Those officials have since been fired, and they probably should also be jailed.

Oh yeah, just look at all the MOTIVE that Trump would have to work on behalf of Russia against American interests. Maybe they were paying him $500, and he needs the money. Or maybe he hates America, and wants to get revenge for being so poor.
Pheeeew! (high-pitched whistle; eyes rolling around in head)

View attachment 20698
Dude - you really think this was a couple of "rogue" agents?

Do you have any idea how many agencies oversee the FBI?

The FBI’s activities are closely and regularly scrutinized by a variety of entities. Congress—through several oversight committees in the Senate and House—reviews the FBI’s budget appropriations, programs, and selected investigations. The results of FBI investigations are often reviewed by the judicial system during court proceedings. Within the U.S. Department of Justice, the FBI is responsible to the attorney general, and it reports its findings to U.S. Attorneys across the country. The FBI’s intelligence activities are overseen by the Director of National Intelligence.

Who monitors or oversees the FBI? — FBI

So I guess all the above agencies are "in on it" too?

LOL.

Mar 2007
I am not going to read all of this, but since we are going back to 2016, please tell us who was the lead investigator for the FBI on the Russia investigation before Mueller?

I am sure that every one of you knows the answer. Oh yeah, this guy....

GOWDY: So Page wrote, “Trump’s not ever going to be become president, right?” with a question mark, then “Right?” with a question mark and an exclamation point in case anybody reading it may have missed the point of her emphasis. Peter Strzok responded, “No. No, he’s not. We’ll stop it.” Do I have that text exchange right?

HOROWITZ: You do.

GOWDY: Now, Lisa Page was an FBI lawyer who worked on the Clinton email investigation?

HOROWITZ: That’s correct.

GOWDY: Did she also work on the Russia investigation?

HOROWITZ: She did.

GOWDY: How about the Mueller special counsel team?

CALLER: She did for a period of time.

GOWDY: All right. So we’re three for three on her working on the two most important bureau investigations in 2016 and beyond. Now, is this the same Lisa Page that Andy McCabe used to leak information to I news outlet?

HOROWITZ: She was a special counsel, and as we indicated in our earlier report, she was the individual through whom he provided that information.

GOWDY: The same Lisa Page who admonished the agent interviewing Hillary Clinton not to go into that interview “loaded for bear” because Clinton might be the next president, and it’s the same Lisa Page who said Trump was “loathsome,” “awful,” “the man cannot become president; Clinton just has to win,” and that Trump “should go F— himself.” And we are somehow supposed to believe that she did not prejudge the outcome of that investigation before it was over? She already had Hillary Clinton winning. I don’t know how you can win if you’re gonna wind up getting indicted and/or plead guilty or be convicted of a felony.

snip

GOWDY: Senior FBI agent Peter Strzok wrote, “No. No, he’s not. We’ll stop it.” I think this is the same Peter Strzok who worked on the Clinton email investigation? Do I have that right?

HOROWITZ: That’s correct.

GOWDY: Same Peter Strzok who not only worked the Russia investigation when it began, was one of the lead investigators at the inception of the Russia probe. Do I have the right Peter Strzok?

HOROWITZ: That’s my understanding.

GOWDY: Now, is it the same Peter Strzok who was put on the Mueller special counsel team?

HOROWITZ: Yes.

GOWDY: Same Peter Strzok. And this is not the only time he managed to find the text feature on his phone, either. This is the same Peter Strzok who said, “Trump is an idiot. Hillary should win 100 million to zero.” Now, Mr. Inspector General, that one is interesting to me, because he’s supposed to be investigating her for violations of the Espionage Act, and he can’t think of a single, solitary American that wouldn’t vote for her for president. Can you see our skepticism?

snip

GOWDY: What do you think the “it” is in that phrase “we’ll stop it”?

HOROWITZ: Oh, I think it’s clear in the context it’s we’re gonna stop him from becoming president.

GOWDY: That’s what I thought too. Now, I wonder who the “we” is in the “we’ll stop it.” Who do you think the “we” is?

HOROWITZ: Well, I think that’s probably subject to multiple interpretations — them or a broader group beyond that.

GOWDY: How about “finish it”? When he said, “I unleashed it. Now I need to fix it and finish it,” what do you think he meant by “finish it”?

HOROWITZ: I think in the context of the emails that occurred in August, the prior August that you outlined, I think a reasonable explanation that or a reasonable inference of that is that he believed he would use or potentially use his official authority to take action.

GOWDY: But this is 24 hours into him being put on the Mueller probe. There’s no way he could have possibly prejudged the outcome of the investigation. Maybe he did. Maybe that’s the outcome-determinative bias that my Democrat friends have such a hard time finding.

snip

GOWDY: Did you ever have an agent when you were a prosecutor with this level of bias?

HOROWITZ: My view of this was that this was extremely serious, completely antithetical to the core values. In my personal view having been a prosecutor and worked with FBI agents, I can’t imagine FBI agents suggesting, even, that they might use their powers to investigate, frankly, any candidate for any office.

GOWDY: Well, I can’t either. I am struggling to find a better example of outcome-determinative bias than that. So what am I missing?

HOROWITZ: Well, I think, uh, that certainly with regard to the, uh, Russia investigation you mentioned, as you know, we are looking at that in an ongoing way.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?44681...horowitz-testifies-clinton-email-probe-report

Oct 2018
WonderfulOregon
Your link:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?44681...horowitz-testifies-clinton-email-probe-report

Goes to:

Page Not Found
Unfortunately, the page you're looking for does not exist.

================================
Maybe you meant this one:

Trey Gowdy on Fire at Horowitz Hearing - The Rush Limbaugh Show
GOWDY: So Page wrote, "Trump's not ever going to be become president, right?" with a question mark, then "Right?" with a question mark and an exclamation point in case anybody reading it ...
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/06/19/trey-gowdy-on-fire-at-horowitz-hearing/

You are quoting something that Gowdry, Horowitz and Rush Limbo said over six months ago :zzz::zzz::zzz:

I bet when Trump is kicked out, Comey, Brennan, the two FBI people ... and others - will sue for wrongful termination and win

They were fired unfairly. Only a really ...dug in Trumspter would deny that.

Didn't Gowdy quit? A lot of supporter of trump have decided they just can't do it anymore.

Last edited: