Facebook briefly removes Elizabeth Warrens campaign ads

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Wow..

Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Ted Cruz may be polar opposites. However, the Texas Republican came to the support of his liberal Massachusetts colleague after Facebook briefly took down several of her Democratic presidential campaign ads promoting her new plan to break up “Big Tech.”

The ads — which were restored shortly after Politico reported on their removal Monday night — argued that big companies like Facebook, Google, and Amazon should be split apart “so they don’t have so much power over everyone else.” Additionally, Warren tweeted Monday night that Facebook’s removal of the paid posts proved her point about the social media company’s platform.

“Curious why I think FB has too much power? Let’s start with their ability to shut down a debate over whether FB has too much power,” she wrote.

In a retweet of Warren’s post Tuesday afternoon, Cruz said he agrees and called the power of tech giants “a serious threat to our democracy. The staunch conservative said it was the “first time” he’d ever retweeted Warren.

“But she’s right—Big Tech has way too much power to silence Free Speech,” he wrote. “They shouldn’t be censoring Warren, or anybody else.”

Zuckerberg said that while Facebook has certain standards and does remove broadly objectionably content like hate speech, terrorist propaganda, or nudity, the company does not censor political speech.

Ted Cruz retweets Elizabeth Warren for first time after Facebook criticism | Boston.com

Jul 2011
NYC
Facebook is a private company, as seen by watching my right wing friends have to start new accounts while my left wing friends who are equal in their posts, get passes.

That's their prerogative.

Apr 2012
The American propaganda industry in action. I also noticed that the cable news has started pushing Democrat moderates, like Biden, and bad mouthing progressives.

Too bad most voters vote according to the ads and media blather.