Facebook fake ads from the re-elect Trump folks are being allowed against Biden. WTF!

Oct 2018
WonderfulOregon
Ahead of 2020 election, the social media misinformation campaigns have just begun
10/10/19

This is a shocking abdication of responsibility, but Facebook is not alone. YouTube and Twitter have allowed the ad. Alarmingly, so have media companies, including Fox.

Facebook rejects Biden campaign’s request to remove Trump ads containing false information

Facebook refuses to remove Trump ads that smear Biden

Facebook is allowing the Trump campaign to post false information about former Vice President Joe Biden,

A policy change that came after CEO Mark Zuckerberg met with the president.

Amazing. I see no reason to keep my rarely used facebook junk.

I hope someone starts a petition where people can file their complains...or just decide to let this crap company die. This is not the US I use to know.

Jul 2011
Tennessee
Ahead of 2020 election, the social media misinformation campaigns have just begun
10/10/19

This is a shocking abdication of responsibility, but Facebook is not alone. YouTube and Twitter have allowed the ad. Alarmingly, so have media companies, including Fox.

Facebook rejects Biden campaign’s request to remove Trump ads containing false information

Facebook is allowing the Trump campaign to post false information about former Vice President Joe Biden,

I hope someone starts a petition where people can file their complains...or just decide to let this crap company die. This is not the US I use to know.
Democrats will/are doing the same thing.

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
Refusing false information would lock Trump out of Facebook, and that just wouldn't be fair.

</TrumpMode>
That excuse got him out of a face-to-face interview with the Mueller team.
His lawyer told Mueller that he couldn't let his Trump come in b/c he's incapable of telling the truth.
Lying is Trump's SuperPower.

Nov 2010
San Diego...ish
10/10/19

From your first article:

On Tuesday, Facebook rejected a request from Joe Biden’s presidential campaign to remove an ad released by the Trump campaign that falsely accuses the former vice president of offering $1 billion in aid to Ukraine if the nation fired the prosecutor investigating a company tied to his son.

Perhaps a bit misleading but not entirely untrue. In the video of Biden talking about this, he threatens to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees if the prosecutor is not fired in next six hours. Son of a bitch...isn't that what happened?

Reactions: DairyHeiress
Nov 2015
UK
Does that make either campaign right? Why would you want false ads from either side?
Isn't the world societies in a sad state of affairs if gullibles are stupid enough to have a Facebook account, and then on top of that, even more stupid in believing any of the crap on it.

Jul 2011
Tennessee
From your first article:

On Tuesday, Facebook rejected a request from Joe Biden’s presidential campaign to remove an ad released by the Trump campaign that falsely accuses the former vice president of offering $1 billion in aid to Ukraine if the nation fired the prosecutor investigating a company tied to his son.

Perhaps a bit misleading but not entirely untrue. In the video of Biden talking about this, he threatens to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees if the prosecutor is not fired in next six hours. Son of a bitch...isn't that what happened?
It's exactly what he said.