Fact check: Trump claims a wall made El Paso safe. Data shows otherwise.

Dec 2015
From Your Heart!
I showed you why it was fake.
I presented the facts. You reject those for partisan garbage.
I didn’t post what I “believe “ but the truth of the matter. That hard to accept?
Again, it boils down to your simply not wanting to embrace the truth as presented. There were other good sources presented as well speaking to this and showing why Trump was wrong. Doesn't it bother you even a little to always walk lock-step with everything he says even when he's shown not to be correct? It casts you in a bad light you know in that you can't think for yourself but have to always follow him blindly no matter what he says, especially when he's dead WRONG on things.

Dec 2015
From Your Heart!
Dude -

Officials in El Paso County, Texas, passed a resolution Monday, just hours before President Trump was set to hold a campaign rally in the area, pushing back on the president's remarks about the situation at the border.

MSNBC correspondent Garrett Haake posted a photo of the resolution, which states that the county is "disillusioned by President Trump’s lies regarding the border and our community."

"Though it is difficult to welcome him to El Paso while he continues to proliferate such untruths, we do welcome him to meet with local officials to become properly informed about our great and safe region," the resolution says.

El Paso County passes resolution: 'Disillusioned by President Trump’s lies'
hands-clapping-applause-smiley-emoticon.gif giving-thumbs-up-winking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Dec 2015
SoCal
Walls made Constantinople safe...oh wait.
Often the Vatican walls are mentioned:

“They wept a lot; all of us are rich.” That was how one of the participants summed up the events of May 1527, when a mutinous army under the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V savaged the city of Rome. The imperial troops were fresh off a campaign against the League of Cognac—with whom Pope Clement VII was allied—but they hadn’t been paid in months. To keep them on the march, their commander, the Duke of Bourbon, had promised them a chance to plunder Rome. The impoverished soldiers arrived on May 6 and launched an assault. The Duke was killed during the fighting, but his men breached the defensive walls and poured into the city. The Vatican’s Swiss Guard was all but annihilated during a famous last stand near St. Peter’s Basilica. Pope Clement, meanwhile, was forced to escape via a secret tunnel and barricade himself in the impregnable Castel Sant’Angelo.

https://www.history.com/news/6-infamous-sacks-of-rome

Dec 2015
SoCal
Often the Vatican walls are mentioned:

“They wept a lot; all of us are rich.” That was how one of the participants summed up the events of May 1527, when a mutinous army under the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V savaged the city of Rome. The imperial troops were fresh off a campaign against the League of Cognac—with whom Pope Clement VII was allied—but they hadn’t been paid in months. To keep them on the march, their commander, the Duke of Bourbon, had promised them a chance to plunder Rome. The impoverished soldiers arrived on May 6 and launched an assault. The Duke was killed during the fighting, but his men breached the defensive walls and poured into the city. The Vatican’s Swiss Guard was all but annihilated during a famous last stand near St. Peter’s Basilica. Pope Clement, meanwhile, was forced to escape via a secret tunnel and barricade himself in the impregnable Castel Sant’Angelo.

https://www.history.com/news/6-infamous-sacks-of-rome
Though, to be fair, the walls of Castel Sant’Angelo held.

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
Dude -

Officials in El Paso County, Texas, passed a resolution Monday, just hours before President Trump was set to hold a campaign rally in the area, pushing back on the president's remarks about the situation at the border.

MSNBC correspondent Garrett Haake posted a photo of the resolution, which states that the county is "disillusioned by President Trump’s lies regarding the border and our community."

"Though it is difficult to welcome him to El Paso while he continues to proliferate such untruths, we do welcome him to meet with local officials to become properly informed about our great and safe region," the resolution says.

El Paso County passes resolution: 'Disillusioned by President Trump’s lies'
So the resolution disputes the statistical facts???
Do tell......

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
Again, it boils down to your simply not wanting to embrace the truth as presented. There were other good sources presented as well speaking to this and showing why Trump was wrong. Doesn't it bother you even a little to always walk lock-step with everything he says even when he's shown not to be correct? It casts you in a bad light you know in that you can't think for yourself but have to always follow him blindly no matter what he says, especially when he's dead WRONG on things.
Well in my defense, I posted a LINK with FACTS and real information, and not Trump quotes. So there is that.
You telling me about Trump quotes (again) does nothing to change the facts.
How old are you people? You don’t have the intellectual honesty of second graders.

Apr 2015
Mid ATL
I'm kind of thinking that El Paseo city government knows more about this than you and your link does.
No, not likely.
Political correctness and political opposition does not dispute facts. The facts still apply.
Why are those on the left so anti-science and anti-research?