Fake ABC News blasts 'controversial' Supreme Court pick........before pick is made.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
I think the confusion is over people's inability to understand to what the word "controversial" is referring. The controversy isn't over the person, but the openly stated goal of the president to pick someone who would help the court overturn previous rulings.

Clearly that is something that would cause controversy, no?

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Didn't you post a thread on women's marchers blasting the choice. You don't think Trump choice is causing controversy?

The new Supreme Court pick is very “controversial,” whoever he or she turned out to be.
Didn't also post a thread that 65% of American want a vote quickly...just 2 hours past Trump's pick?

You already knew that 65% of Americans want a quick vote.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
Sep 2014
United States
They already had the short list and there was controversy about each. Where's the issue? Trump had already explained his vision for the slot, and the vision was for someone who would push a right-wing court even further to the right. Of course that's going to be controversial.
So, adhering to the text of the Constitution, interpreting law by applying the Constitution, not writing law from the bench..........ya know, adhering to the mandate set forth by the Constitution for the Supreme Court are all "right-wing"?

I guess that means "left-wing" means ignoring the Constitution, writing law from the bench, and not adhering to the mandate set forth by the Constitution for the Supreme Court.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
I wonder how they would have felt if Kavanaugh had said, "Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of."

I bet they would have lost their minds.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Now that they have rescued all of those kids from that cave in Thailand the question needs to be asked, who rescues the American hysterical left from the cave they have wandered into. The cave filled with un-American fantasies.

Feb 2011
Boise, ID
They already had the short list and there was controversy about each. Where's the issue? Trump had already explained his vision for the slot, and the vision was for someone who would push a right-wing court even further to the right. Of course that's going to be controversial.
You've got to have blinders on to not perceive the glaring bias in the way our major news outlets report on things like this.

Last edited: