Family Forgive Tribe That Killed American

Feb 2015
sadness

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
I'm really surprised that the North Sentinel Island inhabitants haven't been accused of persecuting him for his faith yet.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Reporting doesn't come into it. It's not a violation of the rules. I thought Coyote of all people would like to not offend others with terms. And Trans decide what is offensive, not others, so we do as well. As far as being exclusive regarding Ian, I have to be. He explained to me and others how that is in accordance with HIS religion. While Coyote stated flatly she gladly uses the term with the intent OF offending, big difference.
Well, I don't know about Ian and his ways. But, I know tons of Russian-speaking Jews around here, who seem to have no problem saying the word "Christian" (khristianin or feminine khristianka), in Russian, at least, when referring to Orthodox Christian members of our common diaspora, for example...

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
coconuts are natural sea travelers, so if they do not have them on their island.... they may still know what they are. In my opinion introducing them to anything "man made" should not be introduced even with good intent. If their fire were to go out.... we could send in a burning boat for them to gather fire.
I just thought it was interesting that they like coconuts and accepted them from prior visitors.
No one is allowed to visit anymore, so it's moot, just interesting to me from the past.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Reporting doesn't come into it. It's not a violation of the rules. I thought Coyote of all people would like to not offend others with terms. And Trans decide what is offensive, not others, so we do as well. As far as being exclusive regarding Ian, I have to be. He explained to me and others how that is in accordance with HIS religion. While Coyote stated flatly she gladly uses the term with the intent OF offending, big difference.
Interesting. It's not offensive to use offensive religious terms if your religion demands it.

I will never understand religion, I'm afraid. I'm actually kind of glad I wasn't raised to believe in it because it's a huge responsibility just keeping track of the food rules, the proper prayers and the rituals, let alone having to parse your words lest you offend a deity or it's followers.

:oops: