Family Forgive Tribe That Killed American

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
The family of a US man reportedly killed by arrows fired by members of an endangered tribe in India's Andaman and Nicobar islands have said they forgive those who killed him.

In a statement, they said John Allen Chau "loved God, life, helping those in need, and had nothing but love for the Sentinelese people".

Seven people who helped him reach North Sentinel island have been arrested.

The Indian authorities say it may take "some days" to recover Mr Chau's body.

A missionary who was in contact with Mr Chau in the last days of his trip says his aim was to bring the gospel to the island's tribesmen.
I truly doubt the tribe cares. This is not the first time this tribe has killed intruders, for back in '06 they butchered two drunken fishermen and chased off those searching for their bodies.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
I truly doubt the tribe cares. This is not the first time this tribe has killed intruders, for back in '06 they butchered two drunken fishermen and chased off those searching for their bodies.
Of course they don't care. The point is to say to the world not to blame them.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
I mean what is the point of that? Reports are they buried him. No one can go there and even TALK to them, much less be allowed to go dig up a body.............they need to just let it go.
I'll never understand self-isolation to this extent, in this day and age...

I mean, in Russia, for example, there are various indigenous peoples in the Far North, Khanty, Mansi, Nentsy, Evenki, who lead fairly secluded lifestyles out there, I mentioned the, here: Boy throws baby brother down escalator in shopping cart

All by choice too, as I also noted in that thread, Soviet and Russian governments offered them permanent settlements multiple times, but they always have preferred, by own volition, to keep on roaming the frozen tundra with their deer herds

But even they do not cut themselves off from civilization completely

and, in fact, apparently, right now, the government is running a program to equip all their clans out there with satellite phones; so they can call for help if ever get in trouble out there.

The government sends out helicopters to bring them supplies and such they may ask for

Doctors get choppered out there, to check on the nomad kids

as do Census and Election officials

Hell, some of the kids from the tribes are regularly flown to school on the choppers too, those whose families want them to go to school

:D

However remote they may be, and however ancient and traditional their lifestyle, they are still a part of a country, and do not forget that...

Same with children on remote Aboriginal reserves here in Canada. They have their traditional culture, but they also do not separate themselves THAT much from general society...

This situation with that island, this is not normal...