Federal budget deficit is ballooning on President Donald Trump's watch

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
As budget deficit balloons, few in Washington seem to care

Trump's budget arrives as the latest Treasury Department figures show a 77 percent spike in the deficit over the first four months of the budget year, driving by falling revenues and steady growth in spending.

Trump's 2017 tax cut bears much of the blame, along with sharp increases in spending for both the Pentagon and domestic agencies and the growing federal retirement costs of the baby boom generation. Promises that the tax cut would stir so much economic growth that it would mostly pay for itself have been proved woefully wrong.

Trump's upcoming budget, however, won't address any of the main factors behind the growing, intractable deficits that have driven the U.S. debt above $22 trillion.
Thanks for nothing, Mr. Trump. Your business savvy and deal making has been a big flop.

Best thing for the country might be to hire some hookers to keep you busy while professionals do what you can't.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Did you say that when Obama was doing it? I don't think so. Hypocrite !!!

Brain and gear springs to mind.
Actually you are wrong as usual. I have spoken out against each president that fucked our budget up. And no matter how wrong anyone before Trump was, it doesn't make Trump any less wrong now. Save your excuses. They won't work here.

Nov 2015
UK
Personal Insult / Inappropriate Comment
Actually you are wrong as usual. I have spoken out against each president that fucked our budget up. And no matter how wrong anyone before Trump was, it doesn't make Trump any less wrong now. Save your excuses. They won't work here.
If true, you shock me. I took you as a brown tongue Obama licker.

highway234

Former Staff
Feb 2010
Where'm I At, Doe?
the fact that the US is now run exclusively by a wealthy plutocracy makes this great news, since they say pretty soon the interest payments on the debt alone are going to be around 1 trillion dollars a year, and that is all money going to be coming out of our pockets and into the pockets of those plutocrats who hold that debt.

make no mistake, if you're not holding part of this debt, you're in the wrong line of work.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Yes, BOTH the budget deficit AND the trade deficit are ballooning. And the trade deficit is higher than it EVER was under Obama, for the enlightenment of the unenlightened poster in this thread.

Back in the 1980's, when the trade deficit and the budget deficit were also exploding at the same time, we called them the twin deficits.

There was a reason for that. For calling them 'the twin deficits'. BECAUSE THEY ARE LINKED. They are NOT 'independent' of each other! They tend to rise in TANDEM with each other. It is TRUMP'S policies that are making the trade deficit worse!

Even back before he was elected, I predicted that his policies would make the trade deficit worse.

But, hey, I'm not the kind of guy to say 'I told you so'. I don't go around doin' that sort of thing.