Federal Judge Blocks Trump From Using Military Funds For His Wall

May 2019
Backatown, USA
Judge issues a permanent injunction.
I guess it's back to "Mexico will pay for it, believe me".

Federal judge blocks Trump plan to spend $3.6 billion in military funds on border wall

A federal judge in El Paso on Tuesday blocked the Trump administration’s plan to pay for border barrier construction with $3.6 billion in military funds, ruling that the administration does not have the authority to divert money appropriated by Congress for a different purpose.
<<>>
“The president can’t use the National Emergencies Act to override a congressional appropriations decision,” Parker said. “That specifically means he cannot use funds appropriated for military construction and divert it for use to build border barriers.”

May 2019
midwest
Judge issues a permanent injunction.
I guess it's back to "Mexico will pay for it, believe me".

Federal judge blocks Trump plan to spend $3.6 billion in military funds on border wall

A federal judge in El Paso on Tuesday blocked the Trump administration’s plan to pay for border barrier construction with $3.6 billion in military funds, ruling that the administration does not have the authority to divert money appropriated by Congress for a different purpose.
<<>>
“The president can’t use the National Emergencies Act to override a congressional appropriations decision,” Parker said. “That specifically means he cannot use funds appropriated for military construction and divert it for use to build border barriers.”

..... the court’s permanent injunction is a setback for Trump’s pledge to erect 450 linear miles of fencing by the end of next year.

It looks like Jared won't be a member of the Trump family after this excellent decision.
:cool:

Reactions: OHjulie