Federal judge upholds two abortion laws in Virginia, strikes down two others

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Mixed bag..

A federal judge upheld two Virginia laws that restrict access to abortions and struck down two others on Monday.

U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson upheld a mandate for women to get an ultrasound 24 hours prior to an abortion and a law requiring all abortions be performed by physicians, The Associated Press reported. The latter prevents nurse practitioners and physician's assistants from performing the procedures.

The judge overturned the other two contested laws, one of which mandated all second-trimester abortions to be completed in a licensed outpatient hospitals. The other would have obligated all clinics that conduct first-trimester abortions to meet the criteria as general and surgical hospitals, according to the AP.

Blah

Former Staff
Jan 2007
USA
Both the Left and the Right are wrong on abortion.

From the time of conception a human life at any stage is defined as a human life.

Its actually similar to the gun rights issue... at what point will society deny me the right to defend my body at any means necessary?

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Both the Left and the Right are wrong on abortion.

From the time of conception a human life at any stage is defined as a human life.

Its actually similar to the gun rights issue... at what point will society deny me the right to defend my body at any means necessary?
I'll skip the useless tautology for now and move on to the third sentence. It's not very similar at all to the gun rights issue, and there are obvious points that society will deny you the right to defend your body by any means necessary.

Remeber Michael Drejka?

But to get back to your first sentence that "both" the left and the right are wrong, because "a human life...is defined as a human life" how do you see the right being wrong on this issue? Sounds like you are pretending to be "above the fray" when really you are just parroting the right wing talking point on abortion, and by extension supportive of any effort to limit it.