Feeding the Frenzy - Have the Democrats Run Out of Ads and Twitter Outrages ?

Dec 2015
SoCal
to Rebrand itself? The real reason Clinton lost the election was Sanders booster club stayed home in Nov. 2016. You know it, I know it. It is no mystery that your typical Progressive tuned out, toned down, and dropped in to new interests after Sanders lost the nomination. Scrambling to keep the herd fixated, Democrats plastered the internet with LGBT, immigration outrage, race, class, gender, feminism, all the niche audience markers repeated daily after the adsurd DNC directed Jill Stein Green Party recount debacle failed. All of the exhaustive Russia paranoia via the MSM during the last 14 months has failed, and the A and B listed Late Night Hollywood fear campaign has not worked to amplify or generate a cohesive message, platform, or mindet
amongst all astroturf Democrat Party Elites slick sign printing, and TV hype it could muster in "Breaking News" blips every 15 min. on CNN/ MSNBC. Too bad guys, indentity politics failed - time to get a brand new bag of politically correct tricks?
As long as Trump has fingers and a phone, there will be no end to twitter outrages and their consequent ads.

Jul 2014
midwest
What the hell universe do you live in?! Obama never denied that Russia interfered in the election. You come up with some off the wall shit sometimes.
I think you are off course here.

The "exchange" I am referring to was during the debates between Obama and Romney before Obama's reelection.

That's when Romney said that Russia was the "biggest geopolitical group facing America".

Obama mocked him for it, saying "And the 1980's are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back."

Romney was right.

Obama was wrong.

Think Obama now wishes he could take that back?

Yeah, me too.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN

The "exchange" I am referring to was during the debates between Obama and Romney before Obama's reelection.

That's when Romney said that Russia was the "biggest geopolitical group facing America".

Obama mocked him for it, saying "And the 1980's are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back."

Romney was right.

Obama was wrong.

Yeah, me too.
There is a difference between Cyber attacks to influence an election and fucking battleships and bayonets, which was the crux of Romney's Concerns

Jul 2014
midwest
There is a difference between Cyber attacks to influence an election and fucking battleships and bayonets, which was the crux of Romney's Concerns
Romney was right.

Obama was wrong.

You know it, I know it, even Obama knows it now.

I don't expect you to admit that you know it, of course...

Jan 2016
Colorado

Romney was right.

Obama was wrong.

Yeah, me too.
And, as I pointed out, in REBUTTAL, no one, but NO ONE, is more wildly WRONG about Russia than Donald Trump. Which you have YET to acknowledge, by the way.

Are you EVER going to?

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
midwest
And, as I pointed out, in REBUTTAL, no one, but NO ONE, is more wildly WRONG about Russia than Donald Trump. Which you have YET to acknowledge, by the way.

Are you EVER going to?
You didn't say the magic word.

Didn't yore momma teach you nuthing?

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
You'll have to excuse Miller47, he has a habit of purposely ignoring or purposely misunderstanding your point.
Well, to be fair to him, this cycle is so rarely commented on in the media that it probably comes as a bit of a surprise to him. The news media spent the aftermath of the 2016 election blathering endlessly about how the surprise outcome was due to economic suffering in places like Michigan and Wisconsin, which flipped for Trump. That was obvious nonsense to anyone who thought about it. For example, the unemployment rate in Michigan had been 9.0 going into November 2012 when Obama won it again, but was down to 5.1 going into November 2016 when it went to Trump. That wasn't about economic anxiety. Similarly, Wisconsin flipped at a time when its unemployment rate was under 4% -- to the lowest point it had been at since the Clinton years. In fact, other than a few years in the late Clinton era, Wisconsin hadn't seen a job market that good since LBJ was president. The media wasn't just wrong -- they were 180 degrees removed from the truth. The outcome was due to economic anxiety having receded to the point that other anxieties drove the election: especially anxieties among white, heterosexual, native-born Christians that they were losing their privileged status in the society. Trump played into that. The keystones in his campaign weren't economic talking points, but rather ranting about how Mexico was sending us "rapists" and how there was a (made up) crime wave sweeping America, and how scary Muslim refugees were, and how supposedly people weren't allowed to say "Merry Christmas" any more, etc. Whether Trump had an insight the media were lacking, or whether he was just lucky to be a bigot in the right place and time for bigotry to rewarded, I don't know. But, either way, the huge gap between the obvious cycle that was happening, and the narrative the corporate press tried to impose on it, was fascinating.

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2015
SoCal

Romney was right.

Obama was wrong.

Yeah, me too.
To be sure, China is bigger than Russia in almost every respect, and Putin hadn't attacked us yet.

Last edited:
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Well, to be fair to him, this cycle is so rarely commented on in the media that it probably comes as a bit of a surprise to him. The news media spent the aftermath of the 2016 election blathering endlessly about how the surprise outcome was due to economic suffering in places like Michigan and Wisconsin, which flipped for Trump. That was obvious nonsense to anyone who thought about it. For example, the unemployment rate in Michigan had been 9.0 going into November 2012 when Obama won it again, but was down to 5.1 going into November 2016 when it went to Trump. That wasn't about economic anxiety. Similarly, Wisconsin flipped at a time when its unemployment rate was under 4% -- to the lowest point it had been at since the Clinton years. In fact, other than a few years in the late Clinton era, Wisconsin hadn't seen a job market that good since LBJ was president. The media wasn't just wrong -- they were 180 degrees removed from the truth. The outcome was due to economic anxiety having receded to the point that other anxieties drove the election: especially anxieties among white, heterosexual, native-born Christians that they were losing their privileged status in the society. Trump played into that. The keystones in his campaign weren't economic talking points, but rather ranting about how Mexico was sending us "rapists" and how there was a (made up) crime wave sweeping America, and how scary Muslim refugees were, and how supposedly people weren't allowed to say "Merry Christmas" any more, etc. Whether Trump had an insight the media were lacking, or whether he was just lucky to be a bigot in the right place and time for bigotry to rewarded, I don't know. But, either way, the huge gap between the obvious cycle that was happening, and the narrative the corporate press tried to impose on it, was fascinating.
Totally agree. Way too much has been focused on economics, trade, treaties etc and while they may have scored Trump a few votes, the true reasons for his success came down to social ideology. Pat Buchanan actually had a pretty accurate read on nationalism earlier this week in his syndicated column. We really should have seen this all coming.

Why the Authoritarian Right Is Rising | Patrick J. Buchanan - Official Website

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
To be sure, China is bigger than Russia in almost every respect, and Putin hadn't attacked us yet.
It's worth recalling that 2012 was at the end of a period when Russia had actually been pretty well behaved -- whether that's thanks to Clinton's work as SoS, dumb luck, or some other reason. That was a period between the Bush-era Russian military aggression in places like Georgia, and the later Obama-era Russian military aggression in Ukraine. It was also a period when Russia worked with us on a major arms control treaty. Unfortunately, after 2012 Putin return to the presidency and the country tacked hard right. But, to your point, it would still be accurate to call China the biggest geopolitical group facing America. It has a vastly bigger population, a vastly bigger economy, a much more well-funded military, a whole lot more geopolitical sway over other countries, and more cultural sway as well.