Felon Thanks The NRA

Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
LETTER: Felon Thanks The NRA - Courant.com

Felon Thanks The NRA

This is an opinion letter to the HARTFORD COURANT byGary W. Bornman,
The writer is an inmate at the federal "Supermax" prison in Florence, Colo.

edit edit edit I meant to type It's short so I posted it here...not her.. It's short so I posted it her in full and link above

7:13 p.m. EDT, June 6, 2013

As a lifelong career criminal, although I no longer enjoy the right to keep and bear arms, I'd like to take a moment to express my appreciation to the National Rifle Association for nonetheless protecting my ability to easily obtain them through its opposition to universal background checks.

Upon release in a few years from my current federal sentence on bank robbery and weapons charges, I fully anticipate being able to stop at a gun show on my way home to Connecticut -- where new laws have made it nearly impossible for a felon to readily purchase guns or ammunition -- in order to buy some with which to resume my criminal activities.
QUESTION: Could this be a Brietbart type of set up ? The HATFORD COURANT CERTAIN safeguards in order to post so I am sure that this POS is a criminal and felon. If someone set him up to wrote this what would there be in it for him ? People who run prisons are not anti-gun as far as I know.i
Legitimate or set up ? Any opinions ? Wonder if opinions will fall into partisan lines...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2010
Virginia
LETTER: Felon Thanks The NRA - Courant.com

Felon Thanks The NRA

This is an opinion letter to the HARTFORD COURANT byGary W. Bornman,
The writer is an inmate at the federal "Supermax" prison in Florence, Colo.

It's short so I posted it her in full and link above

QUESTION: Could this be a Brietbart type of set up ? The HATFORD COURANT CERTAIN safeguards in order to post so I am sure that this POS is a criminal and felon. If someone set him up to wrote this what would there be in it for him ? People who run prisons are not anti-gun as far as I know.

Legitimate or set up ? Any opinions ? Wonder if opinions will fall into partisan lines...
It's a fake.

May 2012
By the wall
Thankfully, due to the NRA's actions, there will be plenty of armed people ready to meet this woman.

I wish her luck.

Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
It doesn't matter. All you need is the desire for it to be real to make it real.
Kind of like anthropomorphic global warming.
Could the same argument be made for people wanting it to be fake ? If you wish it to be a fake just believe it to be a fake ?

Last edited:
Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
I wonder also but fake for what reasons ?
Am guessing Mr. Bornman likes getting his letters published. And he knows how to push buttons. Example: This thread.

From one of his other letters....

"In little more than 14 months, in all probability I'll commit murder, perhaps even mass murder. That's when I'm due to be released from federal prison where I'm serving a seven-year sentence for bank robbery."

Feb 2011
happyfunville
What kind of career criminal would write a letter obviously intended to restrict her access to the guns she needs to continue her life of crime? The entire premise fails the logic test.