Female Genital Mutilation Rising in Germany Because of Mass Migration

Oct 2019
Earth
What makes you think the survey was "incomplete?" And the fact that Africans are misunderstanding the findings doesn't make it "wrong." The WHO could not be more clear on this subject:

Male circumcision provides only partial protection, and therefore should be only one element of a comprehensive HIV prevention package which includes: the provision of HIV testing and counseling services; treatment for sexually transmitted infections; the promotion of safer sex practices; the provision of male and female condoms and promotion of their correct and consistent use.
It was incomplete. Not finished. They got some results and went home. Not sure why the concept of incomplete is difficult.

The preliminary results they got provided that number, never repeated, never peer reviewed, nothing.

Oct 2019
Earth
And you're getting this figure from ... where exactly?
It was among the list of links I put up earlier, or maybe it was in one after the repeating narrative of "no medical benefits" got redundant and stopped adding links.

But I'm growing tired of this; I've demolished your point from every different angle, even with the table slanted in your favor where you set restrictions on sources that would count, with the various different attack angles (though, I still don't understand how referencing execution methods was supposed to benefit your position).

All that leaves is religious reasons, and that will bring in FGM as well, like the OP referenced as recurring in Germany, if the entire concept is not banned and left as a relic of history, like we have done with those abhorrent methods of execution that were once commonplace.

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
Why are you guys so obsessed with circumcision ... ? :think:
Not my thread. Haven't thought about it since the 70s when I graduated nursing school and happy as hell I didn't have to go back into OB. As for FGM, it's awful but, it ain't in my wheelhouse. As for male circumcision, it's likely a bigger deal than women think but, it's not in their wheelhouse.

Sep 2012
California

Over 70,000 women in Germany have been subjected to female genital mutilation (FGM), and a further 17,000 young girls are at risk of having the barbaric procedure being committed against them.

A German doctor, Cornelia Strunz, who works at the Desert Flower Center said that the number of cases of FGM in Germany is rising due to increased migration from Islamic African and Asian countries, dubbed the ‘FGM Zone’ where the practice is widespread.

She advised women and girls who have undergone the procedure to have another surgery to reverse the damage caused by FGM.

“Many women have problems emptying their bladder after FGM. Menstrual blood can’t drain properly. For some, sex becomes practically impossible. Women can also develop fistulas — connections between two body parts which should not exist at all in normal circumstances. One example would be a link between the vagina and rectum, leading to them passing stools through the vagina. Obviously, that’s not very easy to live with”, Dr Strunz told Deutsche Welle.

Leftist policies ALWAYS lead to Death and Destruction.

Make no mistake about it.

This is EXACTLY what the Left will bring to America if not ST0PPED.

At all cost ......

Vote against the Communist Left on ALL levels come November.
This practice is barbaric and should be condemned by all nations and peoples of the world. I first heard of this backpacking through Africa in the early 80s. I met many women that had suffered from this medieval practice and read plenty of stories about young women bleeding to death in shambas and huts. It was enough to make one sick to their stomach how any man or mother could allow this to happen. The reason they do this is to make sexual intercourse less fulfilling for the women in order to keep them from adultery or pre-marital sex. It is a painful procedure that creates pain for the woman her entire life. No civilized society should tolerate it under any circumstances. I don't give a rats ass about religious liberty when the issue is mutilating a woman like this and causing so much harm. No, it is not like a circumcision so if you want to bring that up as a similar procedure, forget about it.

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
Hey, no need to get hostile. I am just stating what I have heard, over and over, for many years. These women are not imaginary and whatever a parent decides is not up to me personally. If a woman finds it physically repulsive, that is up to her to determine. A lot of women find it very unattractive just like men who find flat chested women ugly or the fat chick.
Other women prefer uncircumcised males. Many guys prefer smallish breasts. It's well that the world works like this.

Reactions: The Man and Leo2
Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
Wrong, only about 25% are performed with any anesthetics.
I can't verify the percent and I'm not going to look it up, I accept your number. The reason physicians don't like to use an injected anesthesia like lidocaine is it swells the foreskin and obscures landmarks making cutting problematic. Topicals don't work very well. As a student nurse I saw all the barbaric circumcisions during my OB rotation that I could handle in a lifetime. Not one that I recall was done using anesthesia. That was in the 1970s.

Oct 2019
Earth
I can't verify the percent and I'm not going to look it up, I accept your number. The reason physicians don't like to use an injected anesthesia like lidocaine is it swells the foreskin and obscures landmarks making cutting problematic. Topicals don't work very well. As a student nurse I saw all the barbaric circumcisions during my OB rotation that I could handle in a lifetime. Not one that I recall was done using anesthesia. That was in the 1970s.
That's along the lines of the rationale the sources gave.

There wasn't intent to neglect that source, I had about 20 tabs open while I was trying to sort through what was available, getting rid of sources that were "anti-circumcision groups" or others that could be discarded. So, when that detail came up, having already closed down the tabs, was more an issue that I didn't want to start over to find that one detail.

I would happily accept other data, if others were inclined. Honestly, that wasn't details I was focused on, but did stick out because I imagined that anesthetics would be SOP. The thing is, even flipped, 25% skip anesthesia, that's definitely a trauma on a newborn, but even then, it would take a week(?) To heal.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
This practice is barbaric and should be condemned by all nations and peoples of the world. I first heard of this backpacking through Africa in the early 80s. I met many women that had suffered from this medieval practice and read plenty of stories about young women bleeding to death in shambas and huts. It was enough to make one sick to their stomach how any man or mother could allow this to happen. The reason they do this is to make sexual intercourse less fulfilling for the women in order to keep them from adultery or pre-marital sex. It is a painful procedure that creates pain for the woman her entire life. No civilized society should tolerate it under any circumstances. I don't give a rats ass about religious liberty when the issue is mutilating a woman like this and causing so much harm. No, it is not like a circumcision so if you want to bring that up as a similar procedure, forget about it.
I agree my friend ....

Please convince your Leftist Friends.