Fighting "manspreading" Russian style lmao

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
:D

Same girl, and her group, who yanked up their dresses also in the Petersburg Metro, not too long ago, as a "protest" against men peeking and filming up ladies skirts, "upskirting", as they called it

lol

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Yep :D I know in the West there is a stereotype that feminists tend to be the unattractive women.

Russia certainly defies this, at the very least.

Just look at Nadya Tolokonnikova from "Pussy Riot"

Or, the above...

Russia is a land of beautiful women. And they do, I agree, deserve much better that the shit they have to deal with today.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts

Same girl, and her group, who yanked up their dresses also in the Petersburg Metro, not too long ago, as a "protest" against men peeking and filming up ladies skirts, "upskirting", as they called it

lol
What a horrible person! I don't care if she gets off flashing her underwear at people. It's easy enough not to look if it bothers you. But you can't ignore having water dumped on you. Check out the still frame at second two of that video. That section of the metro has ten completely unused seats, out of twelve. The guy isn't hurting anyone by spreading out to get comfortable. There's all the room in the world for others to sit. Yet she still decides it's her right to ruin his day. Elsewhere in the video, several other attacks are made against men who are only spreading out on a train where there is ample room to sit, and thus not hurting anyone.

For those who don't get how obnoxious this attention-seeking attack is, just reverse the gender dynamics. Think, for example, of handbags. Like every guy who has ever used public transit, I've been in a situation where all the seats are taken and I'm standing, yet what's taking several of those seats are the purses or bags of various women, who are too damned caught up looking at their phones to realize they're occupying two seats on what is now a crowded train. At that point I have a choice to either politely ask her to pick up her bag so I can sit there (which I never do), or just to stand. But what if I were as horrible a person as this protester? What if I decided to wage war on the "gender aggression," informing them of their "disrespect towards nearby men," by carrying around a bottle of water that I dumped into any woman's bag I spotted taking up even part of a second seat? What if I did that even in situations where there were many open seats to choose from?

She should have to pay for the attacks. It's not a serious offense, so some sort of fine would be appropriate. But vigilantism is vigilantism.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
What a horrible person! I don't care if she gets off flashing her underwear at people. It's easy enough not to look if it bothers you. But you can't ignore having water dumped on you. Check out the still frame at second two of that video. That section of the metro has ten completely unused seats, out of twelve. The guy isn't hurting anyone by spreading out to get comfortable. There's all the room in the world for others to sit. Yet she still decides it's her right to ruin his day. Elsewhere in the video, several other attacks are made against men who are only spreading out on a train where there is ample room to sit, and thus not hurting anyone.

For those who don't get how obnoxious this attention-seeking attack is, just reverse the gender dynamics. Think, for example, of handbags. Like every guy who has ever used public transit, I've been in a situation where all the seats are taken and I'm standing, yet what's taking several of those seats are the purses or bags of various women, who are too damned caught up looking at their phones to realize they're occupying two seats on what is now a crowded train. At that point I have a choice to either politely ask her to pick up her bag so I can sit there (which I never do), or just to stand. But what if I were as horrible a person as this protester? What if I decided to wage war on the "gender aggression," informing them of their "disrespect towards nearby men," by carrying around a bottle of water that I dumped into any woman's bag I spotted taking up even part of a second seat? What if I did that even in situations where there were many open seats to choose from?

She should have to pay for the attacks. It's not a serious offense, so some sort of fine would be appropriate. But vigilantism is vigilantism.
It's water mixed with bleach too, as she says in the video, designed to leave spots on the targets' pants lol

I don't know, some have theorized that most of the men she sprayed there were either her friends or hired actors or something, that is was all a fake stunt.

Truth be told, doing that to some guy you don't know and have no prior arrangement with over there can pretty easily get your ass kicked in Russia...

OTOH, plenty of men there wouldn't hit a woman either, there are cultural impulses against that, the ladies are the "weaker gender", "future mothers", and all that. It's bad to hurt them ;)

Ones you don't know, anyhow... Smacking your own damn wife around, that's ok, apparently, every hour over there a woman is killed as a result of domestic violence, that too is a sad fact, and this only got worse since domestic battery was decriminalized last year... :(

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
It's water mixed with bleach too, as she says in the video, designed to leave spots on the targets' pants lol

I don't know, some have theorized that most of the men she sprayed there were either her friends or hired actors or something, that is was all a fake stunt.
Could be. It's pretty risky behavior, otherwise. Even in the US, suddenly throwing a bleach solution on an unsuspecting man would be asking to get your butt kicked badly..... and not just by your target, since you'll be splashing those around him, too, some of the time. You'll also be vandalzing the train, in instances where there's fabric upholstery.

Even if it's a hoax, though, it's an ugly one, in that it encourages vigilantism, even against those who are demonstrably not hurting anyone. She should stick to parading around in her underwear.

Smacking your own damn wife around, that's ok, apparently, every hour over there a woman is killed as a result of domestic violence, that too is a sad fact, and this only got worse since domestic battery was decriminalized last year... :(
That's terrible. I hadn't heard that.

Jul 2014
midwest
Yep :D I know in the West there is a stereotype that feminists tend to be the unattractive women.

Russia certainly defies this, at the very least.

Just look at Nadya Tolokonnikova from "Pussy Riot"

Or, the above...

Russia is a land of beautiful women. And they do, I agree, deserve much better that the shit they have to deal with today.

Believe it or not, there are beautiful women in every country.

Having "traveled extensively" I can assure you, Russia is not the only country with lots of beautiful women.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Could be. It's pretty risky behavior, otherwise. Even in the US, suddenly throwing a bleach solution on an unsuspecting man would be asking to get your butt kicked badly..... and not just by your target, since you'll be splashing those around him, too, some of the time. You'll also be vandalzing the train, in instances where there's fabric upholstery.

Even if it's a hoax, though, it's an ugly one, in that it encourages vigilantism, even against those who are demonstrably not hurting anyone. She should stick to parading around in her underwear.

That's terrible. I hadn't heard that.
Every hour was a 2013 statistic I read before. Now, apparently, it's one every 40 minutes: Russia's Disappearing Women: Every Forty Minutes A Woman Dies From Domestic Violence

At least, there have been SOME good news there recently too: They Killed Their Abusive Husbands. Their Acquittals Shocked Russia.

Believe it or not, there are beautiful women in every country.

Having "traveled extensively" I can assure you, Russia is not the only country with lots of beautiful women.
I am sure that's true. Brazilian women are also gorgeous, for example, I know that, being married to one :D

RNG

Jan 2015
Left coast

I completely disagree. That isn't getting comfortable, that's telling the world to "F-off, I'm more important than you." Water is gentle IMO.