Final Q2 GDP 4.2%

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Lets hope we can continue this.

The U.S. economy grew as expected in the second quarter, according to a reading Thursday that confirmed that gross domestic product rose at its quickest rate in nearly four years.

GDP, the broadest measure of how the economy is progressing, increased 4.2 percent, the Commerce Department's Bureau of Economic Analysis reported, the same as expected from economists surveyed by Thomson Reuters. It was the fastest pace since the third quarter of 2014.

This was the final reading for the quarter and now sets the stage for Q3 and what is expected to be a year that will show growth better than 3 percent, which the Trump administration has set as its goal.

The Atlanta Fed is forecasting a 4.4 percent acceleration in the third quarter.

Final reading on Q2 GDP confirms 4.2% gain, the fastest rise in nearly four years

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Quickest growth rate in 4 years huh? So, since 2014?

And then, there's this...
I can say my company takes the view if its good spend as much as humanly possible. Its like an orgy at times. Banks are free wheeling the loans and the company takes it. There are things I shake my head at the purchase of and wonder why (or if) there is any rainy day savings. I also have heard from others, that the raising of interest rates is causing both people and companies to rush out and get loans now because its cheaper.

Jun 2014
United States
I can say my company takes the view if its good spend as much as humanly possible. Its like an orgy at times. Banks are free wheeling the loans and the company takes it. There are things I shake my head at the purchase of and wonder why (or if) there is any rainy day savings. I also have heard from others, that the raising of interest rates is causing both people and companies to rush out and get loans now because its cheaper.

Ford avoided needing a bailout in the great recession of 2008 by taking out a huge private sector loan just before the bubble popped.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
If you can lock down a low rate, it makes sense to borrow just prior to a period of runaway inflation. Perhaps that's what they're banking on?
Am sure it is. I know quite a few people buying homes and cars now and locking them down before they go higher. Not sure if they plan on runaway inflation but certainly lower rates.