Finally got a response from my republican senator Todd Young on the new tax bill

Mar 2010
Indiana
What a crock of shit! You'd think the bill is the Marshall plan for the U.S. or something. Below is his response followed by mine. Wish I had the time and I would tear it apart piece by piece. Of course it's an automatic form letter response crafted by one of his aides sent out to hundreds of recipients. And now I see my response was not received and I need to contact the senator again. Guess what I get when I do that?

[FONT=&amp]We’re sorry. The page you requested cannot be found. The address may have been typed incorrectly or the page may have been moved during the recent redesign of our site.
Thank you.

O.K. finally got to the website.

[FONT=&amp]Dear Mr. *****,[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp] Thank you for contacting me regarding tax reform for the benefit of middle-class Hoosier families and small businesses. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.
Over the last 30 years our tax code became loaded with a mind-numbing array of special tax provisions that placed an inexcusable burden on American citizens. The U.S. tax code became unduly complex and confusing, and as a result, roughly 60 percent of Americans find it necessary to pay a tax professional to decipher the 4 million words of the U.S. tax code language and complete their tax returns. Moreover, higher taxes have placed an unnecessary burden on Hoosier families.
As you may know, on December 20, 2017, the Senate passed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (H.R. 1), with my support, by a vote of 51 to 48. The bill now awaits the President’s signature. This once-in-a-generation legislation is a byproduct of a transparent, regular order process in Congress, and derived from 70 hearings over the last six years, five bipartisan tax working groups, and recommendations made by the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction.
Throughout this process, I listened carefully to feedback from people across the state of Indiana and fought hard for many important provisions. This pro-growth tax reform bill continues and expands support for a number of Hoosier priorities. The legislation lowers individual tax rates and nearly doubles the standard deduction, allowing Hoosiers to keep more of what they earn. It increases the child tax credit, preserves the adoption tax credit, maintains the earned-income tax credit, and keeps tuition waivers for graduate students untaxed, so that Hoosiers are equipped to thrive in this ever-changing economy.
It repeals the harmful Obamacare individual mandate tax, allowing families to choose the healthcare that’s right for them. In our state of Indiana, nearly 140,000 Hoosiers of modest means chose to pay the Obamacare individual mandate tax instead of buying insurance they don’t want or they can’t afford. Over 80 percent of those who paid the tax made less than $50,000 per year, and 40 percent made less than $25,000. By passing this tax reform legislation, and repealing the Obamacare individual mandate tax, we’re getting rid of a major burden on Hoosier families.
This bill will benefit Hoosier businesses of all sizes, unleashing investment and job growth in America. It provides rate relief to pass-through businesses, lowers the corporate tax rate to 21 percent, retains the low-income housing credit, and preserves the tax-preferred status of private activity bonds, encouraging infrastructure and affordable housing progress. Additionally, it moves the U.S. to a territorial tax system for international operations—making America’s global companies more competitive in the worldwide economy.
Passage of this bill is a major step toward bringing our outdated tax system into the 21st century. Please be assured that I will continue to support efforts in the Senate that can facilitate economic growth and prosperity for Hoosiers and all Americans.
Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the United States Senate.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Sincerely,
Todd Young
United States Senator

My response:
[/FONT]

Senator Young (or whoever crafted the response),
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Thank you for finally responding, but as someone that I feel is well informed on politics and economics I don't buy your response, in fact I find it insults my intelligence. It's a terrible partisan bill that will increase the deficit and it appears it was passed mainly to get a win for the republicans.

As an independent voter I think it's time to seriously consider voting straight democrat. If myself and fellow independents are any indication, the republican party is in for a terrible shellacking in the midterms. Additonally, I don't feel the republican party nor the egregious self serving republican president has the best country's interests in mind. I am also appalled that the republican party kowtows to a man that is not fit to be president. It's obvious the man is serial liar, thinks only of himself, and a con artist. Add to that his incompetence and lack of self control, and we have probably the worst president in the history of the country in office. How bad does a president have to be before you and your colleagues get some self respect and stop kissing his ***? Apparently it truly is all about party and the country be damned. Mark my words the republican party will go down with this man if it doesn't wake up.

Sincerely,

[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Businessman and fellow veteran.

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Mar 2010
Indiana
Webrockk,

You are on ignore and have been for some time. Just so you know I will never see your response.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Amelia

Former Staff
Jun 2014
Wisconsin
Frustrating.

We already know we don't mean squat to them. But in case we missed it, they'll be glad to provide a reminder like you got.

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2010
Indiana
Are most of us out there in the U.S. that dumb to swallow this load of crap? That's the part that really bothers me.

Do they laugh behind our backs?

Reactions: 3 people
May 2012
By the wall
One of my jobs when I interned was to read letters and send an automated response.

I can tell you that besides the little tally I make in the checkbox for what side you fall on, we don't read past the first line usually.

The representative certainly never sees it, only his slave interns do.

Just so you know.

You could literally type, "I don't like this bill", and it would have the exact same effect.

Mar 2010
Indiana
Another one that is on ignore.

Hey Spooky if you're responding to my post I can't read it and don't care to.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
Webrockk,

You are on ignore and have been for some time. Just so you know I will never see your response.

Cheers!
I emailed Sherrod Brown about his joining the lynch mob on Franken. He emailed me that Sexual Harrassment was an important subject that they should not over look.

I emailed him back that Al was accused of groping,and had asked for n Ethics Investigation. Told him he should be using his time getting the real sexual harasser out of the WhiteHouse. That,for the first time I was truly disappointed in him,that he was not addressing my subject.

Sherrod is really good t answering his email personally,after a form letter saying he would answer as soon as he has time. And follows through.

Reactions: 1 person