Finland Government collapses over Universal health care costs

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
It is not right wing. Look up the party...it is centrist liberal and you are wrong. It is due to the aging population. They tried to introduce some frre market insurance to beef up the universal healthcare but the green liberal party fought it. It needs fixing...that is the point.

One more time....
He belonged to Centrist Liberal Party. Do you people ever do your homework. He has been the leader of the Centre Party

The Centre Party of Finland (Finnish: Suomen Keskusta, Kesk; Swedish: Centern i Finland) is a centrist,[3][5][6]liberal,[7][8][9] and agrarian[6][7][8]political party in Finland.
Just think, guys and gals...if Jen didn't have Wikipedia and scholarly articles to plagiarize all she'd be doing here is mumbling nonsense!

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
Always good to hear from the "let the poor die in the street like fucking dogs if it is going to cost me a single penny" people.
There are several problems/issues that make the US different than other nations. One is that medical costs in the US are obscenely high compared to other nations. Why? Insurance costs? Lawyers? Obamacare didn't do a single thing to reduce healthcare costs which is one reason it's a failure. Not his choice; guess who was the biggest obstacle to universal health care at the time? Insurance companies.

So, instead of going home empty handed, Obama and the Democrats passed a hugely flawed healthcare bill hoping to fix it later. Remember Pelosi's infamous “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it”? Yes, she fleshed that out a bit, but even in full context, she was pushing to pass a flawed bill with the idea of fixing it as time went along. What she failed to account for was the Republican reaction. They were already pissed at being thrown out of constructing the bill, so, being the emotional hot mess they are these days, they went full tilt against it from day one. They wanted to repeal it, not fix it.

So here we are. A completely fucked up Presidential bill and a completely dysfunctional Congress plus a lot of greedy motherfucking insurance companies and lawyers is why the US doesn't have universal health care. I don't see a solution anytime soon.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
There are several problems/issues that make the US different than other nations. One is that medical costs in the US are obscenely high compared to other nations. Why? Insurance costs? Lawyers? Obamacare didn't do a single thing to reduce healthcare costs which is one reason it's a failure. Not his choice; guess who was the biggest obstacle to universal health care at the time? Insurance companies.

So, instead of going home empty handed, Obama and the Democrats passed a hugely flawed healthcare bill hoping to fix it later. Remember Pelosi's infamous “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it”? Yes, she fleshed that out a bit, but even in full context, she was pushing to pass a flawed bill with the idea of fixing it as time went along. What she failed to account for was the Republican reaction. They were already pissed at being thrown out of constructing the bill, so, being the emotional hot mess they are these days, they went full tilt against it from day one. They wanted to repeal it, not fix it.

So here we are. A completely fucked up Presidential bill and a completely dysfunctional Congress plus a lot of greedy motherfucking insurance companies and lawyers is why the US doesn't have universal health care. I don't see a solution anytime soon.
My post was aimed at those far right fringe reactionaries that absolutely hate the thought of any form of government paid health care. We have several on this site. Full on Ayn Rand cultists.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
My post was aimed at those far right fringe reactionaries that absolutely hate the thought of any form of government paid health care. We have several on this site. Full on Ayn Rand cultists.
Agreed, but I wanted to flesh out the main problems. From the very beginning the Republicans were committed to repealing Obamacare, not fixing it. Now they've painted themselves in a corner. That said, as pointed out, the Republicans aren't the main obstacle to universal health care in the US.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Agreed, but I wanted to flesh out the main problems. From the very beginning the Republicans were committed to repealing Obamacare, not fixing it. Now they've painted themselves in a corner. That said, as pointed out, the Republicans aren't the main obstacle to universal health care in the US.
Absolutely nothing can be done on any social programs as long as we have a divided congress. The two parties basically agree on nothing when it comes to healthcare, social security, immigration, taxation, minimum wages, tariffs, foreign policy, and economics.

Jan 2019
southeast
Just think, guys and gals...if Jen didn't have Wikipedia and scholarly articles to plagiarize all she'd be doing here is mumbling nonsense!
Nothing is plagarized as long as you post the source. So give it a rest Mister B because obviously you don't understand the meaning of plagarize