First democratic debate will have 5 moderators, 10 candidates in each debate

May 2019
Wine Country
Just let the League of Women Voters run the things. Get experts up there not TV hosts. I get tired of watching these non-experts ask stupid questions with no follow up.

I agree with you on most of them but I do believe that Maddow is qualified to moderate a debate. As Lawrence O'Donnell would say, "She is wicked smart".

In fact, she's getting to be a little too professorial for me.

When I tune in and see Professor Noodle in the seat, I switch to Cartoon Network and watch The Family Guy.

I realize that sounds shallow but I'm a Californian and my character is flawed.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I realize what happened. I maintain that is not how it should be, because it demonstrates ignorance of what a primary is by definition, which is that it is a partisan nomination process, not an "election."
Yea I agree especially since it just creates more indies. If they couldnt vote in primaries at least some might consider being in one of the main parties.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Yea I agree especially since it just creates more indies. If they couldnt vote in primaries at least some might consider being in one of the main parties.
Indeed, they would have more influence in the parties that way. Here, they are "opting out" while still wanting a voice. They should not be able to have it both ways.

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
Well, I think I'd rather see a moderator interject and say, "Sorry, you decided to spew a bunch of bullshit instead of actually answering the question." See? Can't do that from home.
No, but you can see who is spewing bullshit and vote accordingly.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I tend to find that debates with less people tend to focus more on issues. They argue back and forth etc. When you have a lot more people, they begin to attack one another. Its less informative.