First democratic debate will have 5 moderators, 10 candidates in each debate

Jan 2014
California
"Liberal whack job" definition: Anyone who opposes the Great One
"conservative" definition: Whatever the Great One says it is.
Mr. Dittohead,

No. liberal whack job is some worthless dreeb with tenure in a liberal department of a liberal university who's opinion means nothing in the real world.

Jan 2014
California
OK, then, if that's how you define it, then the source I cited is a non liberal source.
Mr. Dittohead,

You are incorrect. He has all the liberal credentials.

But let's talk:

four markers:
  1. Rejecting or showing weak commitment to democratic rules. (does not apply to our President)
  2. Denying the legitimacy of political opponents. (applies to every person who ever ran for any office, so sounds like a pretty stupid criteria)
  3. Encouraging or tolerating violence. (again, does not apply to President)
  4. A readiness to stifle or limit civil liberties of opponents, including media. (our President has never done this)

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Mr. Dittohead,

You are incorrect. He has all the liberal credentials.

But let's talk:

four markers:
  1. Rejecting or showing weak commitment to democratic rules. (does not apply to our President)
  2. Denying the legitimacy of political opponents. (applies to every person who ever ran for any office, so sounds like a pretty stupid criteria)
  3. Encouraging or tolerating violence. (again, does not apply to President)
  4. A readiness to stifle or limit civil liberties of opponents, including media. (our President has never done this)

You remind me of that Orwell quote.

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them."

You're like the dedicated sports fan willing to overlook anything so long as your team is winning.

Jan 2014
California
You remind me of that Orwell quote.

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them."

You're like the dedicated sports fan willing to overlook anything so long as your team is winning.
Mr. stan,

Interesting that you use a fictional account of a totalitarian state to think you make a point.

You are like a deranged TDS sufferer willing to overlook facts that go against your preconceive, entrenched, and intractable view of reality.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Mr. stan,

Interesting that you use a fictional account of a totalitarian state to think you make a point.

You are like a deranged TDS sufferer willing to overlook facts that go against your preconceive, entrenched, and intractable view of reality.
You am I going to believe, you or my lying eyes, huh?