First democratic debate will have 5 moderators, 10 candidates in each debate

Jan 2014
California
No, I meant "Who am I going to believe, you or my lying eyes."

Mr. stan,

Don't you mean "who are I going to believe? you or those tiny voices in my head that tell me want I want to hear?"

I mean in that video, they could only find about 5 legitimate examples, 4 were referring to self defense, because, as you know, those anti-Trumpers tend to be an very violent lot.

Last edited:

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Mr. stan,

Don't you mean "who are I going to believe? you or those tiny voices in my head that tell me want I want to hear?"

I mean in that video, they could only find about 5 legitimate examples, 4 were referring to self defense, because, as you know, those anti-Trumpers tend to be an very violent lot.
Your back must be tired. You bend over backwards so much for that guy.

Seriously, is there anything he's done that you would ever dare criticize him for?

Jan 2014
California
Your back must be tired. You bend over backwards so much for that guy.

Seriously, is there anything he's done that you would ever dare criticize him for?
Mr. Stan,

Thank you for admitting I was right. You did it in a back handed way by not offering a counter to what I said, but it is appreciated, nonetheless.

As for your question, I have often criticized our President, especially about his mannerisms and decorum. But his job performance is spot on.

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Mr. Stan,

Thank you for admitting I was right. You did it in a back handed way by not offering a counter to what I said, but it is appreciated, nonetheless.

As for your question, I have often criticized our President, especially about his mannerisms and decorum. But his job performance is spot on.
There was no concession. It became apparent that rebuttal would be like trying to explain the color puce to someone who was born blind. Pointless.

As for your criticisms, were they here on PH? Love to see those.

Jan 2014
California
There was no concession. It became apparent that rebuttal would be like trying to explain the color puce to someone who was born blind. Pointless.

As for your criticisms, were they here on PH? Love to see those.
Mr. Stan,

What is that now, twice you didn't counter my contention except by saying "nuh uh." Sounds like a concession to me.

They are on PH, and I have said them over and over again.

I don't have the time to do some lazy person's homework, so you'll have to look for them yourself.

Apr 2012
If they couldnt vote in primaries at least some might consider being in one of the main parties.
I think a lot of people register as independent because they don't see either party promoting what they themselves want. Both parties are pretty much trying to prevent change.

70% of the population wants universal single payer health insurance. But the leadership of both parties would rather have campaign donations from the healthcare and insurance industries.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think a lot of people register as independent because they don't see either party promoting what they themselves want. Both parties are pretty much trying to prevent change.

70% of the population wants universal single payer health insurance. But the leadership of both parties would rather have campaign donations from the healthcare and insurance industries.
Problem is money in politics. That just makes people do things to get re-elected and not what the constituents want. I read yesterday where Chairman Neal from MA, told his committee not to use the term "Medicare for All." He is one of the largest recipients of money from the healthcare industry. We know where his loyalty lies.

Democratic Ways and Means Chairman Richard Neal Reportedly Doesn't Want Phrase 'Medicare for All' Used During Medicare for All Hearing

Apr 2012
Problem is money in politics. That just makes people do things to get re-elected and not what the constituents want. I read yesterday where Chairman Neal from MA, told his committee not to use the term "Medicare for All." He is one of the largest recipients of money from the healthcare industry. We know where his loyalty lies.

Democratic Ways and Means Chairman Richard Neal Reportedly Doesn't Want Phrase 'Medicare for All' Used During Medicare for All Hearing
You hit it. Campaign financing might be the biggest problem our democracy faces.

We vote them in. But they're working for the guys who paid for their ads. That's why I favor candidates who shun PACs and finance their campaigns with small donors. None of them have ever won, though.

I'm confused about Richard Neal. He is regarded as a liberal. Yet he had to be badgered into subpoenaing Trumps taxes. And that has gone nowhere. A fake liberal?