First Muslim Miss USA Rima Fakih converts to Christianity

Apr 2011
Under your skin
Rima Fakih is believed to be the first Muslim to win the title of Miss USA when she was crowned the winner in 2010.
Now, the beauty pageant winner has converted to Christianity, recently sharing a verse from Philippians on Twitter.

Fakih converted to Christianity last month in preparation for her marriage in Lebanon next week to Wassim Salibi, a wealthy Christian music producer, Christian Today reports.
At the time of winning the Miss USA title, Fakih said, "I'd like to say I'm American first, and I am an Arab-American, I am Lebanese-American, and I am Muslim-American."
According to the news site Albawaba, Fakih only connected to her Muslim roots in college.
"When I went to the University of Michigan, because there's more of a Muslim community, my dad wanted me to learn more about Islam," she said. "I didn't know much about Ramadan and other holidays, and my dad wanted me to take that opportunity and learn."

First Muslim Miss USA Rima Fakih converts to Christianity | Fox News

Guess she will have to be put to death as she is guilty of apostasy.

webrockk

Former Staff
Nov 2009
on the river
don't let her mommy, daddy or siblings have any baseball bats...apostasy is honor killing territory.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Rima Fakih is believed to be the first Muslim to win the title of Miss USA when she was crowned the winner in 2010.
Now, the beauty pageant winner has converted to Christianity, recently sharing a verse from Philippians on Twitter.

Fakih converted to Christianity last month in preparation for her marriage in Lebanon next week to Wassim Salibi, a wealthy Christian music producer, Christian Today reports.
At the time of winning the Miss USA title, Fakih said, "I'd like to say I'm American first, and I am an Arab-American, I am Lebanese-American, and I am Muslim-American."
According to the news site Albawaba, Fakih only connected to her Muslim roots in college.
"When I went to the University of Michigan, because there's more of a Muslim community, my dad wanted me to learn more about Islam," she said. "I didn't know much about Ramadan and other holidays, and my dad wanted me to take that opportunity and learn."

First Muslim Miss USA Rima Fakih converts to Christianity | Fox News

Guess she will have to be put to death as she is guilty of apostasy.
Well, if she is put to death, at least now she will go to Heaven. Christians go to Heaven. Muslims go to Hell. EVERYONE knows that!!

Reactions: 1 person
Aug 2012
Here
Congrats to her. Hopefully she doesn't end up as a victim of some angry Islamist from making that choice to convert.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
Border Fence
The scenarios that rattle around in the heads of RWNJs...

Who would spend a second contemplating the killing of a woman half way around the world is creepy.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
This thread is near worthless without pics.

That's better!

Good for her! No one threatened her with death if she did not convert, but I'll bet she gets death threats for converting.

Reactions: 2 people

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
This thread is near worthless without pics.

That's better!

Good for her! No one threatened her with death if she did not convert, but I'll bet she gets death threats for converting.
Really? We can take her of the terrorist watch list and she's going to get death threats?

This thread is every thing bad in the stereotyping category.

But considering the source, I'm not one bit surprised.

Reactions: 2 people