First snakehead fishing trip of the year!

Mar 2015
Istanbul NOT Constantinople...
Hey - minnows count too!

The negative impact snakeheads are expected to have on other gamefish is competition - that they'll lead to decline in things like largemouth bass by eating the same prey. However, I went to do a bit of research before writing this post to show you some facts, and it appears that this hasn't really happened yet. The fear of conservationists, though, is that it will if snakeheads continue to increase in number (details from Fish and Wildlife Service here)
I do not believe that long term, snakeheads will compete with any specific species of gamefish in America. They eat very little food on any given day. They do not destroy habitat like Bighead carp or devour large amounts of food like the bluecatfish.

We were afraid of the boogie man.

Mar 2015
Istanbul NOT Constantinople...
They said that snakeheads would take over....they said they would eat the other fish....they said they could walk on land. So people slaughtered them by the thousands FOR NO REASON aside from abject, unfounded ignorance. During this time, the blue catfish invaded Maryland and started taking over -- no laws about having to kill them. No efforts to irradicate that invader which eats nonstop....even in the winter. Our own misguided prejudices spread even to the animal kingdom. Education is the only cure for ignorance.

May 2012
By the wall
What does that fish taste like?

I've had most of the regular fish caught and fried up right away but never tried this one.