Five Signs Black Americans Are ‘Awakening’ to a Break with the Democrat Party

Jan 2020
USA
No one is stopping you from backing up the nonsense you are posting.
If I sensed you were truly interested in learning, it would be worth the time and effort to dig through the info.

Your replies so far aren't at all reassuring.

And you confirmed my suspicions by replying with "It does not change the fact that..."

It's a waste of time to do homework for someone who already has their mind made up unchangeably. And best way to learn is also do the work yourself.

It was worth having this conversation though. Because even if you neglect to investigate, others will be curious to. Planted some seeds for thought and the winds of curiosity will carry them to take root wherever they land.

Reactions: the watchman

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
No one is stopping you from backing up the nonsense you are posting.
wanna know what nonsense really is? It's the premise of this thread. Claiming that African American's are going to respond to America elected a stoned cold racist , like Trump, by switching to the same party that support his racism. I mean, I've seen some really silly ass arguments before. But, that one is up there among the most absurd.

• Haha
Reactions: Babba and OldGaffer
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
If I sensed you were truly interested in learning, it would be worth the time and effort to dig through the info.

Your replies so far aren't at all reassuring.

And you confirmed my suspicions by replying with "It does not change the fact that..."

It's a waste of time to do homework for someone who already has their mind made up unchangeably. And best way to learn is also do the work yourself.

It was worth having this conversation though. Because even if you neglect to investigate, others will be curious to. Planted some seeds for thought and the winds of curiosity will carry them to take root wherever they land.
I don't have the time to go and dig all that stuff up weeding through a million propaganda sites in the process.

There is a reason that particular information is not readily available with a simple Google search.

If you want to dig it up I will gladly engage in discussion with you about it.

Apr 2012
It would help your cause to let the numbers speak for themselves, and to dig deeper into which party members were progressive or conservative.

Civil Rights Act Of 1964:

House vote

Yea: D - 152 / R - 138

Nay: D - 96 / R - 34

Senate vote

Yea: D - 46 / R - 27

Nay: D - 21 / R - 6

More Democrats voted for it and more Democrats voted against it.

If more southern politicians were racist and more were conservative, it takes more courage to respond "Yes conservatives were more racist and we're changing that because fuck racism."

The alt right who championed Confederate flags and monuments were championing the old Democratic party (pro slavery). A little ironic... or evidence that region matters more than party labels?)

That's not to say there weren't racist Democrats, such as Woodrow Wilson and Lyndon B Johnson -- it was John F Kennedy who pushed for the Civil Rights Act and got the ball rolling before his assassination (Johnson had little choice, even after he had opposed the first Civil Rights Act that Harry Truman submitted 15 years earlier, and now Johnson probably used the new Civil Rights Act as leverage to do war in Vietnam without Congress having to declare war).

Take the time to learn who were northerners or southerners in all political matters. John F Kennedy and Republican lawmaker Everett Dirksen who helped write the Civil Rights Act were both northerners. Kennedy wasn't racist at all, quite the opposite... and Johnson was a southerner.

Let's be careful about labels.

Especially since Eisenhower and the Republican Party Platform of 1956 probably were more progressive than any in our history. (He was from Kansas, which was a free state).

Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt were progressive Republicans, who supported the idea of universal education and other progressive policies (e.g. Teddy Roosevelt started the National Parks and battled against big business).

They were both northerners. Republicans.

And yet Andrew Johnson was a southerner who as Lincoln's vice president had totally screwed over the freed black people by almost immediately reversing Lincoln's policies after he got assassinated.

What does all that tell us? Things aren't what they seem. So let's remember to look deeper than what the political theatre feeds us.
So you have to ignore what I posted to spew your lies

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Trump is probably going to get more of the Black vote than any Republican President in the last 50 years.
There's no question about that.

What I wonder is how much overall he can actully get and if it will affect the Democrats.

That remains to be seen.