Five Signs Black Americans Are ‘Awakening’ to a Break with the Democrat Party

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
There's no question about that.

What I wonder is how much overall he can actully get and if it will affect the Democrats.

That remains to be seen.
did you even read your own OP article. The things on the list don't prove anything. Here's your list.

1. The establishment of Black Voices for Trump.

How the hell does that mean that black voters are "awakening to a break from the Democrat party"? What does that even mean?

2. Black Americans – like other voters – want jobs and a sound economy that will enable their families to thrive.
AP-NORC poll, only 4 percent of black people said they think Trump’s actions have been good for African Americans.

The tax cuts that President Trump signed into law last year are disproportionately helping white Americans over African-Americans and Latinos, a disparity that reflects longstanding racial economic inequality in the United States and the choices that Republicans made in crafting the law.
The finding comes from a new analysis of the $1.5 trillion tax cut using an economic model built by the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, a liberal think tank, and released in a joint report with Prosperity Now, a nonprofit focused on helping low-income Americans attain wealth and financial stability. It is the first detailed analysis of the law to break down its effects by race.

3. More black Americans are condemning abortion.
Again. So what? How is that an indication that black voters are turning away from the Democrat party?

The poll also shows black voters think Biden would do the best job on nearly every issue important to them, from gun control to health care to housing. The only issue he’s not the most trusted to handle best: abortion rights.

Regardless of the nominee, black voters overall plan to vote overwhelmingly against President Donald Trump, with 6 percent supporting his reelection and 86 percent saying they would vote for a generic Democrat. And 77 percent want the president impeached and removed from office — far higher than the overall public.
4. Black Christians are no longer compatible with a Democrat Party that values secularism more than people of faith.

5. Black Americans have already sharply separated themselves from the Democrat Party on the issue of education.

President Trump’s entire approach to people of color — his attacks on political leaders, his campaign’s social media strategy targeting the black electorate, his ability to fuel black opposition but also demoralize some black voters — is one of the most extraordinary political dynamics of the Trump era. No modern president has ever vilified black Americans or sought to divide people along racial lines like Mr. Trump, while also claiming to be a champion of their economic interests.

The online ad that Mr. Greer saw illustrates the audacious nature of Mr. Trump’s strategy. Even as the president sows racial disharmony, telling four Democratic congresswomen of color to “go back,” and saying “no human being” would want to live in the “rat and rodent infested” city of Baltimore, his re-election campaign is spending money on social media to put Mr. Trump before the eyes of black voters.
An overwhelming majority of black voters — 85 percent — said in a new Hill-HarrisX poll that they would choose any Democratic presidential candidate over President Trump.
The survey, which was released on Monday, found this sentiment to be particularly true among black voters along partisan lines.
Ninety-eight percent of black voters who identify as Democrat, and 72 percent of those who identify as independent said they would back whoever ultimately becomes the Democratic nominee over Trump. Just 12 percent of black voters who identify as Republican said the same.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
My brain.
right. Well, it's pretty clear that the Trump campaign is only hoping to improve on their pathetic 8% of the black vote they got last time. They're hoping for something in the low teens. I went and looked it up. Gerald Ford got 17% of the black vote in 1976. Since then, it's been somewhat lower of a percentage for Republican's....from low to high, John McCain got 4% and George HW Bush got 10.5 percent, Ronald Reagan averaged 11.5% in two elections. Trump hasn't increased his approval percentage among African American's at all. In fact, he's decreased it with his attacks on black elected officials, his "very fine people" remarks, and the fact that he's still a racist.

Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
right. Well, it's pretty clear that the Trump campaign is only hoping to improve on their pathetic 8% of the black vote they got last time. They're hoping for something in the low teens. I went and looked it up. Gerald Ford got 17% of the black vote in 1976. Since then, it's been somewhat lower of a percentage for Republican's....from low to high, John McCain got 4% and George HW Bush got 10.5 percent, Ronald Reagan averaged 11.5% in two elections. Trump hasn't increased his approval percentage among African American's at all. In fact, he's decreased it with his attacks on black elected officials, his "very fine people" remarks, and the fact that he's still a racist.
You're in for a surprise.

Reactions: John T Ford
Jan 2020
USA
So you have to ignore what I posted
What's there to ignore? I'd approve of more black people joining the Republican party. (And more white older males joining Democrats), even if I disagree with the premise. More diversity would be good for the Republican party. And the parties need more competition instead of one dominating in cities and the other dominating in rural areas (therefore each feels safe to take voters for granted and lacks any real incentive to make good policy).

Curious... what are the lies you claimed I posted?

Jan 2020
USA
I don't have the time to go and dig all that stuff up weeding through a million propaganda sites in the process.

There is a reason that particular information is not readily available with a simple Google search.

If you want to dig it up I will gladly engage in discussion with you about it.
Understandable. This is where AI will really shine (grassroots made and open source), able to search and organize thousands of points of information from millions of databases and historical archives with instant access to every source (each individually highlighted for easy view) so we can easily cross reference and share everything without breaking a sweat.

Knowledge is power. Democratized it'll be a revolution. (And an awakening)