Five Signs Black Americans Are ‘Awakening’ to a Break with the Democrat Party

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Then show proof it was a nothern v. southern vote.
The original House version:

• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
The Senate version:

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
The original House version:

• Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)
The Senate version:

These numbers have been posted on PH a dozen times over the years, they will be ignored and dismissed by right wing trolls...just like they ignore Lee Atwater's statement on "The Southern Strategy", and every other historical event that does not fit into their unhinged version of "alternate history"

Reactions: boontito and Babba
Jan 2020
USA
These numbers have been posted on PH a dozen times over the years, they will be ignored and dismissed by right wing trolls...just like they ignore Lee Atwater's statement on "The Southern Strategy", and every other historical event that does not fit into their unhinged version of "alternate history"
Your frustration is quite understandable, yet that type of response is counterproductive in my opinion.

Consider the best minds who influence you... how would they view your reply?

Admitting to being incorrect is a skill, especially when something goes against the beliefs we protect.

Even though many people percieve such honesty as merely a moral choice. Problem with that is many people including us aren't entirely honest with themselves. Thus the phrase "Know thyself".

Calling people on the other "side" unhinged will make them defensive and more uninterested in any truth that might challenge their lifelong notions, because accepting that would make their parents "unhinged" who taught them, and their friends or spouses... real people in their lives.

That doesn't invite anyone to open their minds. But maybe people will start to come around if they feel like you're inviting them to learn together and if your points have merit.

There are the real problems of trolls bent on disputing and distorting. Which has a solution...

See how Babba acted on my mere nugget of info and found the votes totals by region? Collaboration is powerful, and open collaboration is many times more powerful.

We need to work together in order to prevent ourselves from losing our patience and lashing out counterproductively.

The popular advice is to avoid engaging trolls, but in politics such advice seems wrong. Instead, I suggest to report them and openly collaborate to defuse their comments using clever, fun, and friendly quips... everyone will soon gravitate to you and filter them out by their behavior that's in stark contrast to your mannerisms.

Then there's the troll farms. How do we deal with those?

We are unwittingly at psychological war with the anti liberty forces of the world. If we think that Russia or some other anti liberty government is only targeting only one side, we become vulnerable to its tactics of division.

For example, we've all seen the "unhinged" comment from various sources left and right. Would it surprise anyone to learn that troll farms call Republican voters "unhinged" in order to train Democratic voters into continuing that? Same as they do to Republican voters against Democrats. And to independent voters against any party.

We shouldn't be surprised. And we should instead wonder why troll farms would do that.

Anti liberty rulers fear that their our liberties will infect their citizens, who'll become ever harder to abuse. That's why rulers want to build a completely separate internet that's only for Russia, Brazil, India, China, and South Africa.

They'll go to any lengths to weaken and contain the spread of our contagious liberty, and to destroy it if they could. They cannot do it militarily so they do it through trolling, through dark money to election candidates running for all levels of government from local to federal, and through investments into corporations to corrupt policy. (Saudi Arabia's royalty invests into tech corporations... big tech does super bad stuff with our privacy, surprise surprise / probably also floods dark money in order to gain military favors from our elected officials)

It's worth it to fight civilly. Be kind and assertive. For liberty.

Soooo... how do we fight the troll farms? It'll take some balls, but we citizens have an insanely more powerful tool: live video. Working together we can hop onto live video and call out the usual suspects when they appear. It's likely impossible for them to reveal their face and GPS location because each troll would have many dozens of sock puppet accounts and bots all coordinated by app to search comment sections of forums, news articles, Twitter feeds, etc.

They'd run out of faces very quickly.

And all their fake accounts would lose credibility.

By the way I'm not picking on you, happened that your comment leaped out and motivated me to respond.

We really should find some way to disable the troll system, the left and right must work together on this, and work toward a more civilized and transparent internet that we can wield powerfully against foreign interference. Our government and corporations are unable to and each itself is vulnerable.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Black Americans deeply pessimistic about country under Trump, whom more than 8 in 10 describe as ‘a racist,’ Post-Ipsos poll finds
President Trump made a stark appeal to black Americans during the 2016 election when he asked, “What have you got to lose?” Three years later, black Americans have rendered their verdict on his presidency with a deeply pessimistic assessment of their place in the United States under a leader seen by an overwhelming majority as racist.
While personally optimistic about their own lives, black Americans today offer a bleaker view about their community as a whole. They also express determination to try to limit Trump to a single term in office.

More than 8 in 10 black Americans say they believe Trump is a racist and that he has made racism a bigger problem in the country. Nine in 10 disapprove of his job performance overall.

The pessimism goes well beyond assessments of the president. A 65 percent majority of African Americans say it is a “bad time” to be a black person in America. That view is widely shared by clear majorities of black adults across income, generational and political lines. By contrast, 77 percent of black Americans say it is a “good time” to be a white person, with a wide majority saying white people don’t understand the discrimination faced by black Americans.

Can we finally put this silly ass "Trump is loved by black voters" meme to bed?

Reactions: Babba and HayJenn
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
John, no one believes your delusions about black voters, especially black voters. You have zero credibility.
Not about me.

It's about November.

But, I can understand why you would rather make it about me and not discuss the topic at hand.

Most on the Left are very uncomfortable with the Iidea of Black Americans being Independent Thinkers and voting for their own interest.

Reactions: ripskater
Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Not about me.

It's about November.

But, I can understand why you would rather make it about me and not discuss the topic at hand.

Most on the Left are very uncomfortable with the Iidea of Black Americans being Independent Thinkers and voting for their own interest.
That is exactly what they are going to do. Got any black Republicans running for the House this year? Any black Republican Senators? No? Strange, Democrats have dozens and dozens of black candidates for both Houses....hmm, who is delusional, you or me?