Flynn 2 subpoenas issued tonight...

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
And?

As for contempt of the Senate, I doubt it. SCOTUS, in United States v. Hubbell, if documents can be testimonial in nature they may have Fifth Amendment protection.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
His business CAN be subpoeaned. His speaking bureau can be subpoeaned. I'm betting there are several ways to target Flynn. Not the least not disclosing he was a foreign agent and didn't ask or notify the ARMY.

Bad general. Bad bad general.

Subpoenas issued for Flynn's businesses; contempt charge remains an option, senators say - LA Times
It seems to be there is a good chance Flynn is guilty campaign disclosure violations. So no lawyer in their right mind is going to allow him to testify in congress without an immunity deal.

That's not contempt. That's simply our constitution at work.

Nov 2007
NE Wisconsin
It seems to be there is a good chance Flynn is guilty campaign disclosure violations. So no lawyer in their right mind is going to allow him to testify in congress without an immunity deal.

That's not contempt. That's simply our constitution at work.
He won't get immunity from prosecution. He'll instead get a contempt citation and hopefully have his ass remanded to a federal lockup.

Obama warned Trump not to hire Flynn and did he listen? Nope.

Cheers,

Bourne

Nov 2014
North Carolina
He won't get immunity from prosecution. He'll instead get a contempt citation and hopefully have his ass remanded to a federal lockup.

Obama warned Trump not to hire Flynn and did he listen? Nope.

Cheers,

Bourne
You cannot be held in contempt for refusing to give self-incriminating testimony. That's called the fifth amendment - and is a constitutional right.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Flynn is not the key to unraveling this mess. It may never be unraveled. The important thing is that his and Trump's power bases and reputations are completely in tatters, and they will go down in history as likely traitors to their oaths of office, if not also the nation.

I mean, this latest conversation with Duterte shows there is no moral compass, at all, involved here.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Flynn is not the key to unraveling this mess. It may never be unraveled. The important thing is that his and Trump's power bases and reputations are completely in tatters, and they will go down in history as likely traitors to their oaths of office, if not also the nation.

I mean, this latest conversation with Duterte shows there is no moral compass, at all, involved here.

I see that the liberal democrats are already fast at work on how they will respond once this latest investigation is over and turns up nothing. More innuendo and conspiracies about how the truth will never be uncovered and the President is a traitor regardless of the outcome.

What a surprise. I did not see this coming.

Nov 2007
NE Wisconsin
Nov 2014
North Carolina
Not always. Flynn is in deep trouble. He'll bargain for limited immunity in exchange for giving up the Trump Administration.

This President is headed for certain impeachment.

If Flynn pleads the Fifth, will Congress hold him in contempt? | TheHill

Cheers,

Bourne
Yes always.

You can never be held in contempt for refusing to give self-incriminating testimony. That is a right protected by our constitution.

I'll leave you to your own wishful thinking that he is somehow going to give up the Trump Administration and that the President is headed for" certain impeachment."

lol

If you can recall - President Trump has already impressed upon Flynn to fully cooperate with congress and to testify. So I highly doubt he is worried about his testimony.

Last edited: