FOOD PRICES IN THE U.S.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
Are food prices rising significantly in your area?

Went to the grocery store this moring and picked up a few items I needed and it seems that prices over the last couple of years have gone up quite a bit. Anyone else seeing this?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Are food prices rising significantly in your area?

Went to the grocery store this moring and picked up a few items I needed and it seems that prices over the last couple of years have gone up quite a bit. Anyone else seeing this?
Yes and no. Stuff seems to be on a roller coaster. I was sort of the "egg lady" here last year when I was complaining about the price of eggs being $6 a dozen. Now they are back down to $1.99. Same with milk, was over $3 a gallon but now back down to $2.25. Meat is always up and down. I feel like the regular prices can be high but they offer really good sales and coupons. Pays to be a smart shopper these days. One of our supermarkets also offers discounts for self serve checkouts and cashless transactions.

Jan 2014
California
Mr. Hollywood,

I wouldn't say significantly, but up slightly. Then again, in my area, commercial rents are sky high, there is a mandatory $15/hour minimum wage, and California has the highest gas prices in the nation.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Mr. Hollywood,

I wouldn't say significantly, but up slightly. Then again, in my area, commercial rents are sky high, there is a mandatory $15/hour minimum wage, and California has the highest gas prices in the nation.
I notice the price of groceries is much higher in states with higher min wage. I can cross the border to MA or VT in an hour and both are way more expensive. McDonalds too.

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
I notice the price of groceries is much higher in states with higher min wage. I can cross the border to MA or VT in an hour and both are way more expensive. McDonalds too.
Gee, SO surprised by your answer.

And yet the average hourly wage in NH as of June 2018 was $25.26. You people must have an awfull lot of minimum wage earmers for the increase you refer to in order for it to have such an impact on food prices.