Fool me twice, shame on me!

Feb 2011
Ever changing
As of late, while out shopping over several days for Christmas, I noticed a great decrease in the number of pro-Obama stickers, Gone are the "Obama -Biden 2008!" and 2014 stickers. I could not believe it. I approached several cars and inspected the bumpers carefully. On some cars I could make out the thin lines of the familiar rectangular shape that is a remnant of a once boastfull proclamation. Some of these missing sticker shapes were found next to "Stop Global Warming, or Clean Energy stickers." So, I Sherlock ed that the car owner was indeed liberal and the likely-hood that if was a former Obama sticker was a reliable deduction.

Some stickers were covered by other stickers, like "Clean Energy Now!" or "Coexist," Most of these patch-over jobs were pathetic. On many it was easy to make out the edge of the one below. On some bumpers, "phantom" stickers were left. After the owner had sloshed on his hot soapy water and used a scraper to remove the sticker, he did not see the ghost of the sticker, the dye left in the paint job. My favorite is the little round ones. For some reason they like to cling. Like clinging to a fading hope Obama had promised. I also noticed suspiciously vacant areas on windows. Those same glue like outlines of rectangular and round shapes leaving of mere trace of Obama support next to other liberal stickers which remained, like, "Stop Fracking."

While I was bent over rubbing my finger on the area of the all too familiar "O" sticker that once adorned the blue plastic bumper, I was still transfixed by the ghost effect. The owner approached unseen as I was absorbed by this phenomenon. "Hey what are you doing there?," she asked.

I was nearly caught off-guard. I had to think quickly. "Um, I was just noticing that somebody has removed your "O" sticker."

"What are you talking about, " she responded.

"Look, right there, you can see where it once was."

The lady bent over and squinted through her marmish glasses. "Where? I don't see anything."

I pointed out the faint ghost of it. "There, right there. See the ghost?"

Her faced turned red and she huffed, "I don't see any ghost. Mind your own business."

I laughed, "Well, his Presidency will be a thing of ghosts in a couple of years."

The lady, ground her car to a start and roared out of the lot, leaving a trail of dark blue smoke. I walked over and noticed fresh, glistening drops of oil gathered where her car once was. I pondered, "Didn't she have a "Clean Energy," sticker on her car? I walked away down the isle of parked cars, until another "Ghost" caught my eye. Shame has a funny way of showing itself, sometimes you just have to look a little closer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
As of late, while out shopping over several days for Christmas, I noticed a great decrease in the number of pro-Obama stickers, Gone are the "Obama -Biden 2008!" and 2014 stickers. I could not believe it. I approached several cars and inspected the bumpers carefully. On some cars I could make out the thin lines of the familiar rectangular shape that is a remnant of a once boastfull proclamation. Some of these missing sticker shapes were found next to "Stop Global Warming, or Clean Energy stickers." So, I Sherlock ed that the car owner was indeed liberal and the likely-hood that if was a former Obama sticker was a reliable deduction.

Some stickers were covered by other stickers, like "Clean Energy Now!" or "Coexist," Most of these patch-over jobs were pathetic. On many it was easy to make out the edge of the one below. On some bumpers, "phantom" stickers were left. After the owner had sloshed on his hot soapy water and used a scraper to remove the sticker, he did not see the ghost of the sticker, the dye left in the paint job. My favorite is the little round ones. For some reason they like to cling. Like clinging to a fading hope Obama had promised. I also noticed suspiciously vacant areas on windows. Those same glue like outlines of rectangular and round shapes leaving of mere trace of Obama support next to other liberal stickers which remained, like, "Stop Fracking."

While I was bent over rubbing my finger on the area of the all too familiar "O" sticker that once adorned the blue plastic bumper, I was still transfixed by the ghost effect. The owner approached unseen as I was absorbed by this phenomenon. "Hey what are you doing there?," she asked.

I was nearly caught off-guard. I had to think quickly. "Um, I was just noticing that somebody has removed your "O" sticker."

The lady bent over and squinted through her marmish glasses. "Where? I don't see anything."

Her faced turned red and she huffed, "I don't see any ghost. Mind your own business."

I laughed, "Well, his Presidency will be a thing of ghosts in a couple of years."

The lady, ground her car to a start and roared out of the lot, leaving a trail of dark blue smoke. I walked over and noticed fresh, glistening drops of oil gathered where her car once was. I pondered, "Didn't she have a "Clean Energy," sticker on her car? I walked away down the isle of parked cars, until another "Ghost" caught my eye. Shame has a funny way of showing itself, sometimes you just have to look a little closer.
You have waaaay too much free time.

Reactions: 5 people
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio

My Obama and FDR stickers are right on my rear window where they have always been. Only a fool puts a sticker on their paint.

How long did it take you to make that story up? I would have slapped your face if you had questioned me like that! I would have told you to mind your own blanking business,too.

If you did do that,I would really question your common sense.

Reactions: 7 people
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
OMG! Hollywood, your're the one with time on your hands, playing with your lizard and all. Do ever take time to leak your lizard?
I bet Hollywood's Lizard is bigger than yours.

He is enjoying the fruit of his Labors,just like me. Does that bother you? That is why I have my Thank FDR on my rear window.

Reactions: 3 people

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Um, Obama and Biden aren't running the next election. Why would there be a bunch of Obama/Biden stickers? :think:

Reactions: 5 people

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
As of late, while out shopping over several days for Christmas, I noticed a great decrease in the number of pro-Obama stickers, Gone are the "Obama -Biden 2008!" and 2014 stickers. I could not believe it. ....
I'm pretty sure that Obama didn't run for President in 2014.

Reactions: 7 people