For Jews, America was once exceptional. Now, anti-Semitism is as strong here as in Europe.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
I'm sure that will make for a great topic, but this one is focused on Jewish people, thanks for understanding.
The topic is based on the premise that something unique is happening to Jews in this county. I disagree. I am on topic, disagreeing with it.

Reactions: John T Ford
Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
From the OP: One of the things I’ve cherished most about being an American is the ability to walk around as a Jew without terrorists actively plotting to kill me.

Join the crowd! We all felt that way until 9/11.

May 2016
Florida
The topic is based on the premise that something unique is happening to Jews in this county. I disagree. I am on topic, disagreeing with it.
No, you are obfuscating. What you are doing is no different than a townhall meeting where the topic is about zoning regulations and you scream out "what about blacks".

Furthermore, where the fuck do you get off telling someone what they should feel or how they should feel? Obviously someone targeting Jewish people would not f'king affect you, so you don't have to make it obvious that you couldn't give a damn about how Jewish people feel.

Dec 2018
Florida
No, you are obfuscating. What you are doing is no different than a townhall meeting where the topic is about zoning regulations and you scream out "what about blacks".

Furthermore, where the fuck do you get off telling someone what they should feel or how they should feel? Obviously someone targeting Jewish people would not f'king affect you, so you don't have to make it obvious that you couldn't give a damn about how Jewish people feel.
I don’t think you get it. Him pointing out that it being increased isn’t unique to Jews doesn’t change the topic. It is a progression of the discussion. And if this were unique to Jews? I’d say we would have a different set of questions to ask. It being on the rise for many groups? That is a very DIFFERENT question. Sometimes you can just treat symptoms, but it is better if you can treat the disease.

May 2016
Florida
Since Sassy made the claim about white nationalism and religion, here something recent that should put the issue to rest.....

“I’m a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don’t do interracial marriage. That’s the way I was brought up and that’s the way I believe,” he said. “I have black friends, I hired black people. But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that’s just not the way a Christian is supposed to live.”

Georgia mayor under fire for alleged remarks about black job candidate
I'm sure he's just a true patriot 'murican, and not some tiki torch carrying "very fine person" that only is racist when he sees a black person marrying someone in his race....

Hell, he just served on the council seat for a decade, whereas the mayor in the article actually didn't hire someone because they were black.

May 2016
Florida
I don’t think you get it. Him pointing out that it being increased isn’t unique to Jews doesn’t change the topic. It is a progression of the discussion. And if this were unique to Jews? I’d say we would have a different set of questions to ask. It being on the rise for many groups? That is a very DIFFERENT question. Sometimes you can just treat symptoms, but it is better if you can treat the disease.
Yes, it does change the topic, in fact it does worse than that...it marginalizes the topic. No shock that so many don't see that as being an issue.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey
Jun 2011
God Bless Texas

That is the argument BLM makes when people point out that all lives matter and police brutality affects everyone, which is true. The problem is the police brutality, and we all need to stand together as one against it. Same for terrorism.

Kids are being targeted in schools. All religious groups are targeted due to their religion. Random people are targeted for merely being American.

May 2016
Florida
That is the argument BLM makes when people point out that all lives matter and police brutality affects everyone, which is true. The problem is the police brutality, and we all need to stand together as one against it. Same for terrorism.

Kids are being targeted in schools. All religious groups are targeted due to their religion. Random people are targeted for merely being American.
So you are saying you stand with BLM? Since when? I must have missed your posts identifying such.

Oct 2011
Washington State
I think I understand now. You don't dislike the Charlottesville crowd because they hate Jews. You don't like them because you assume they voted for Trump.
You making assumptions doesn't make an ass out of me.