For those dreaming of overturning Roe - Be careful what you wish for!

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
I saw a video of this exchange and he raised the dumfuckery bar by adding to this beautiful line ...

"It takes some time for all those chromosomes and all that.”

He ALSO said that women should be able to figure out "within 7 to 10 days if they're pregnant"

Ehh NO you babbling Gomer ...

Most doctors recommend that you wait until the first day of your missed period before taking a home pregnancy test. A missed period is usually one of the first signs of pregnancy. This is usually around 2-3 weeks after conception.

What can ya say? :smirk:
7 to 10 days? How many women would realize that they were pregnant in a week?

May 2019
A Van Down by the River...
I saw a video of this exchange and he raised the dumfuckery bar by adding to this beautiful line ...

He ALSO said that women should be able to figure out "within 7 to 10 days if they're pregnant"

Most doctors recommend that you wait until the first day of your missed period before taking a home pregnancy test. A missed period is usually one of the first signs of pregnancy. This is usually around 2-3 weeks after conception.

I get and somewhat empathize with the passion of Pro-Lifers but for a legislator to be so wholly -- and one must assume -- willfully ignorant on rudimentary health facts (ahem) is deplorable. If you're going to debate something, then flippin' read a book or at least talk to your wife before spouting off about chromosomes.

May 2019

"He ALSO said that women should be able to figure out "within 7 to 10 days if they're pregnant"

I just saw a clip of him debating the bill.
He said: ".....so there's a window of time, some say 7 days some say ten... there's a window of time that every option now is still available..."

Who are these genius someones who say any human woman can know she's pregnant in 7-10 days? He must be talking to Trump's "some say[ers]."
There is a hormone released that a doctor can test for as early as a week out. It takes 2-3 weeks for that hormone to be detectable by any at home tests.
So everytime the condom breaks (can I get a witness?) a woman must rush to the doctor?
And, am I the only woman who can't get an appt scheduled in a week? I'd be luck to see my doc w/in a 4 week "window."

May 2013
Boise, ID
"He ALSO said that women should be able to figure out "within 7 to 10 days if they're pregnant"

I just saw a clip of him debating the bill.
He said: ".....so there's a window of time, some say 7 days some say ten... there's a window of time that every option now is still available..."

Who are these genius someones who say any human woman can know she's pregnant in 7-10 days? He must be talking to Trump's "some say[ers]."
There is a hormone released that a doctor can test for as early as a week out. It takes 2-3 weeks for that hormone to be detectable by any at home tests.
So everytime the condom breaks (can I get a witness?) a woman must rush to the doctor?
And, am I the only woman who can't get an appt scheduled in a week? I'd be luck to see my doc w/in a 4 week "window."
Jesus what a bunch of Goobers - Thanks and yeppers, that's the video all right!
Here's another dandy :lol:

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
OH - MY - GAWD - I was familiar with the idiocy of Todd Akin and Rick Santorum, but not some of these others. Thanks Jodie - "where a woman can get cleaned out"? Jesus - Only in Texas. :rolleyes:
What really is amazing....the tax payers pay their salaries. We pay politicians to work for us through taxation but we would get fired if we said the stupidity they say at work.

Dec 2018
Florida
Redirect Notice

Not all democrats support abortion. I think it will be a Crux issue for religious African Americans and other minorities. Especially when it disproportionality has an impact on them. But then again? As usual, our binary system allows someone to be crucified for not following lock step with their party (happens in republican and Democrat circles).

May 2019
How many threads are there now on this?
I get this is one of the most hotly debated issues in American politics. Imagine if the fetuses lost their gun rights -- whoooieee! then we'd have a good ol' time here.

The thing is this "law" will not go into effect -- full stop.

This law is unconstitutional (until it isn't).
This law was never intended to save any Alabamian zygotes. This law was drafted for Washington, DC.
This law is so absurd and so poorly written it will die in the courts, and is unlikely to be heard by the the Supremes.
Fighting in the courts in favor of this law will cost Alabama millions. All for nothing.
So, Go. Fight. Lose.
Just another example of responsible allocation of taxpayer dollars by the GOP.

May 2019
Redirect Notice

Not all democrats support abortion. I think it will be a Crux issue for religious African Americans and other minorities. Especially when it disproportionality has an impact on them. But then again? As usual, our binary system allows someone to be crucified for not following lock step with their party (happens in republican and Democrat circles).
Indeed, Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is Pro-Life and apparently voted that way. I can't name names right now, but there are several Catholic Dems who are Pro-Life but some state they don't let their religious beliefs dictate legislation.
Senator Susan Collins (R-ME) is Pro-Choice, and I'm sure several others.
I don't think it is so cut and dry. I think the districts determine the views more than the party.