For those who think trump has committed treason:

do you support the death penalty for trump?

• Total voters

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death.........

So simple question. do you support the death penalty for trump?

yes or no,

Sep 2016
My own world

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death.........

So simple question. do you support the death penalty for trump?

yes or no,
Legally speaking America has to be at war to be guilty of treason, the appropriate charge would be sedition. Your question is mute therefore is irrelevant. The correct legal term is "sedition".when the US has not declared war.

The question should be if Trump could be or should be charged with sedition. The sentence would come only upon conviction but it does not involve the death penalty at all.

Typically, sedition is not considered a subversive act, and the overt acts that may be prosecutable under sedition laws vary from one legal code to another. Where the history of these legal codes has been traced, there is also a record of the change in the definition of the elements constituting sedition at certain points in history. This overview has served to develop a sociological definition of sedition as well, within the study of state persecution.

I however think that in this case it would be difficult to convict for sedition so I wouldn't bother charging him . The charges for what he did asking foreign countries should be filed under
30121. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

The foreign country doesn't have to admit to feeling pressure and no quid pro quo needs to be proven, simply asking is breaking the law.

It is so clear cut that h asked that there is really nothing to debate. Trump even is adding to his problems as he asked China the same thing right in front of cameras on the lawn of the WH.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hollywood

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Legally speaking America has to be at war to be guilty of treason, the appropriate charge would be sedition. Your question is mute. She should rephrase it using the correct legal term, sedition.

Typically, sedition is not considered a subversive act, and the overt acts that may be prosecutable under sedition laws vary from one legal code to another. Where the history of these legal codes has been traced, there is also a record of the change in the definition of the elements constituting sedition at certain points in history. This overview has served to develop a sociological definition of sedition as well, within the study of state persecution.

I however think that in this case t would be difficult to convict of sedition so I wouldn't bother charging him for this. The charges for what he did asking foreign countries should be filed under
30121. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

The foreign country doesn't have to admit to feeling pressure and no quid pro quo need to be proven, simply asking is breaking the law. He did it on the phone call to Ukraine and he admits to that plus he just asked Chaina the same thing in front of cameras on the lawn of the WH

You didn't answer the question.

Do you think the president committed treason and should he be put to death?