FORD vs FERRARI

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Movie is about the time Ford spent today's equivalent of nearly half a billion dollars to build a race car over a grudge match with Ferrari.
Heres a good documentary about it..

Last edited:

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
Yeah this will be another good one.

I just saw Rush again for the umpteenth time a few months back.

Reactions: The Man

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
great behind the scenes stories of the goings on during the ford v ferrari war..

Definitely catch it, Carrol Shelby lived an interesting life.

Fun Fact, Carrol Shelby built two 1966 AC Cobra Super Snakes, 1,000 hp in 1966. He gave one to his buddy Bill Cosby, whose wife made him give it back after he took her for a ride.

The McClarren documentry is very interesting as well.

Both were more interested in building cars than being racers, Shelby actually preferred small, light, small block powered sports cars.

The World's Fastest Indian is an incredible docuMovie.

Mar 2019
TN
Definitely catch it, Carrol Shelby lived an interesting life.

Fun Fact, Carrol Shelby built two 1966 AC Cobra Super Snakes, 1,000 hp in 1966. He gave one to his buddy Bill Cosby, whose wife made him give it back after he took her for a ride.

The McClarren documentry is very interesting as well.

Both were more interested in building cars than being racers, Shelby actually preferred small, light, small block powered sports cars.

The World's Fastest Indian is an incredible docuMovie.

Got any documentation on those super snakes ??? Spent my entire life in automotive. Big gear head. Never heard as much as a whisper about such a car ? A THOUSAND horse power ?? In 1966 ?? In a street car ?? Knowing the state of engine technology at the time, I'd be very interested in how he made that much power AND made it streetable ?

I do know where the chicken farmer got the idea for the Cobras. He had been a LISTER dealer a few years earlier. Lister initially built their knobblys with Jaguar power, but later started dropping small block chevys in them.

Reactions: MaryAnne

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Got any documentation on those super snakes ??? Spent my entire life in automotive. Big gear head. Never heard as much as a whisper about such a car ? A THOUSAND horse power ?? In 1966 ?? In a street car ?? Knowing the state of engine technology at the time, I'd be very interested in how he made that much power AND made it streetable ?

I do know where the chicken farmer got the idea for the Cobras. He had been a LISTER dealer a few years earlier. Lister initially built their knobblys with Jaguar power, but later started dropping small block chevys in them.
Do you know how to google?

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
I want to see this movie.

The best biopic car racing movie I've seen was 2013's Rush surrounding the events of James Hunt and Niki Lauda.
Yup great movie. and I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the movie makers got it mostly right according to Niki...

Last edited: