Formal "ethics complaint" charges against MC CONNELL over 'direct violations of his oath of impartiality'

Jul 2015
Florida
I have zero idea how this works or if it isn't even worth the paper it is written on. It is sent to the SENATE Ethics Committee--which could be a joke all by itself. BUT I don't know if it HAS to be considered or if it will end up in a shredder in McConnell's office. But I'm glad it is being done! I have heard of the group many times.

Mitch McConnell hit with formal ethics complaint over Trump impeachment: Statements ‘directly contradict his oath of impartiality’

Published
10 hours ago
on January 13, 2020
By
Common Dreams

The advocacy group Public Citizen on Monday filed a formal ethics complaint against Senate Majority Mitch McConnell, accusing the powerful Republican of betraying his oath of office by signaling overt bias in favor of President Donald Trump even before his looming impeachment trial begins.

“The public declarations by Senator McConnell that his role in the impeachment process is to coordinate with the White House and thereby make a mockery of the trial directly contradict his oath of impartiality,” said Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen, in a statement. “This is not about whether McConnell has views on Trump’s guilt or whether he has reached a conclusion based on the available evidence. It’s about whether he will design a process that aims to render impartial justice. He has made clear he has no intention of doing so.”

Last edited:
Sep 2016
My own world
Lol, does anybody expect the Senate ethics committee who is controlled by Republicans going to find McConnell guilty of anything? McConnell is the guy that appoints the chairman. It's like you having to determine if your boss did something wrong but there is nobody above your boss that will protect your ass if you tell the truth and say he did.
Your boss will either never give you the case to consider to begin with or you will not make a decision against him even if he did do something wrong.

Mar 2010
Indiana
Lol, does anybody expect the Senate ethics committee who is controlled by Republicans going to find McConnell guilty of anything? McConnell is the guy that appoints the chairman. It's like you having to determine if your boss did something wrong but there is nobody above your boss that will protect your ass if you tell the truth and say he did.
Your boss will either never give you the case to consider to begin with or you will not make a decision against him even if he did do something wrong.
True but at least it will be on record.

May 2019
Backatown, USA
It's indisputable that McConnell has violated his oath of impartiality. He is functioning as Trump's shield - most likely as a condition of Trump giving McConnell's wife a cabinet job.

The question is if and how he can be made to pay for it.

Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
As Senate Leader, it is McConnell's job to oversee an impartial impeachment trial.
His head is 100% up Donald Trump's ass. He isn't even pretending otherwise.
So? The House hearings were partisan and unfair. You reap what you sow.