Formal "ethics complaint" charges against MC CONNELL over 'direct violations of his oath of impartiality'

May 2019
West Haven
Make sense to me. Actually SCJ Roberts should ask him and Graham to also recuse themselves.
I’m not sure that he can. And my understanding is that every ruling that Roberts makes can be overridden by a simple majority vote. So even if he does he will, most likely, be overruled. I doubt that you will get any Republicans to vote to actually remove Republicans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: EnigmaO01
Jun 2013
Here
I have zero idea how this works or if it isn't even worth the paper it is written on. It is sent to the SENATE Ethics Committee--which could be a joke all by itself. BUT I don't know if it HAS to be considered or if it will end up in a shredder in McConnell's office. But I'm glad it is being done! I have heard of the group many times.

Mitch McConnell hit with formal ethics complaint over Trump impeachment: Statements ‘directly contradict his oath of impartiality’

Published
10 hours ago
on January 13, 2020
By
Common Dreams

The advocacy group Public Citizen on Monday filed a formal ethics complaint against Senate Majority Mitch McConnell, accusing the powerful Republican of betraying his oath of office by signaling overt bias in favor of President Donald Trump even before his looming impeachment trial begins.

“The public declarations by Senator McConnell that his role in the impeachment process is to coordinate with the White House and thereby make a mockery of the trial directly contradict his oath of impartiality,” said Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen, in a statement. “This is not about whether McConnell has views on Trump’s guilt or whether he has reached a conclusion based on the available evidence. It’s about whether he will design a process that aims to render impartial justice. He has made clear he has no intention of doing so.”

Right ON!!!

More people should be taking this man and anyone that agrees with his blantant arrogance in the face of an oath he took NOT to the POTUS or the republican party, but to the Constitution.

How is it that ANYONE is blind to this and if they are, what do they expect from any others who come after this POTUS and this Senate Majority Leader who stated in front of a video camera, he would coordinate (isn't the collusion?) with the attorneys of the impeached party, if not the person who has been impeached.

He should be coordinating with the Constitution of the United States of America and the Senate impeachment rules which require an oath of impartiality.

194.3 "Form of oath to be administered to the Members of the Senate and the Presiding Officer sitting in the trial of impeachments ‘‘I solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of ——— ———, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.’’

It does NOT say. "I will be partial to the President of the United States and the Republican Party, so help us God"

Will McConnell open himself up to impeachment under obstruction of justice and perjury when it comes to his oath to be impartial should his partisanship and partiality toward the current President be so blatant and obvious that it would be a dereliction of all other member's of Congress' oaths to the Constitution, to ignore it and NOT take McConnell to task for it?

Last edited:
Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
What was "unfair" to Republicans was that their attempts at derailing the hearings by putting non-involved people on the stand were denied.
They tried to make the hearings about Hunter Biden instead of addressing the charges against Donald Trump.
The phone call was about Hunter Biden.