Four Teens Convicted of Hate Crimes in Chicago Beating

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
"A Chicago man who was the alleged ringleader in the racially charged beating of a mentally disabled teenager that was broadcast live on Facebook pled guilty Friday to a hate crime and was sentenced to eight years in prison."

Chicago ringleader of Facebook Live beating of disabled teen gets 8 years in prison | Fox News

I remember when this despicable attack took place just after Donald Trump was elected President.

An eight year sentence seems a little light, considering all the crimes that were committed in this case.

What do you think?

Was Justice served?

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
"A Chicago man who was the alleged ringleader in the racially charged beating of a mentally disabled teenager that was broadcast live on Facebook pled guilty Friday to a hate crime and was sentenced to eight years in prison."

Chicago ringleader of Facebook Live beating of disabled teen gets 8 years in prison | Fox News

I remember when this despicable attack took place just after the Donald Trump was elected President.

Eight year sentence seems a little light, considering all the crimes that were committed in this case.

What do you think?

Was Justice served?
He should have gotten more time. IMHO of course.

Jun 2006
Vancouver

I remember when this despicable attack took place just after Donald Trump was elected President.

An eight year sentence seems a little light, considering all the crimes that were committed in this case.

What do you think?

Was Justice served?

I know it’s a trap. That’s obvious. But I can’t see exactly how it works.

(Google)

Ahhh. I see. The victim was Caucasian.

Gotchya.

Reactions: 3 people
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
I know it’s a trap. That’s obvious. But I can’t see exactly how it works.

(Google)

Ahhh. I see. The victim was Caucasian.

Gotchya.
There were more than one victim in this crime spree and I'm not sure all were "Caucasian".

But, thanks for responding anyway.

Jun 2006
Vancouver
I didnt want your fevered wish for a response to go unsatisfied.

8 years.

That’s just fucked.

These guys should never see sunlight again.

Jun 2006
Vancouver
That would be a little extreme, wouldn't you think?
Legally, realistically, I’m aware that that would be extreme. And not possible in a modern judicial system. And I’m aware these guys were youths.

Morally? Ethically? They shouldn’t see daylight again.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2006
Vancouver
But I am glad we can agree on the importance of using “hate speech” as an aggravating factor in criminal law.

It was their speech that made this a hate crime.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Legally, realistically, I’m aware that that would be extreme. And not possible in a modern judicial system. And I’m aware these guys were youths.

Morally? Ethically? They shouldn’t see daylight again.
Chicago has a horrific crime problem.

I think a good place to start in dealing with that is to lock up ALL the politicians and never allow them to see daylight again.