Fox News is a "hate-for-profit racket," says Warren

Apr 2007
Deep State
Thank you, Elizabeth. Heh-heh...

Elizabeth Warren turns down Fox News town hall, calls network a 'hate-for-profit racket'

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., said Tuesday she had turned down the chance to appear on a Fox News town hall, lambasting the network as "a hate-for-profit racket that gives a megaphone to racists and conspiracists."

Doing a Fox town hall would help legitimize the network to advertisers and help them make a profit, the 2020 contender added.

"Fox News has invited me to do a town hall, but I'm turning them down — here's why. ... Fox News is a hate-for-profit racket that gives a megaphone to racists and conspiracists — it's designed to turn us against each other, risking life & death consequences, to provide cover for the corruption that’s rotting our government and hollowing out our middle class," Warren said.

Feb 2007
Colorado
I don't agree with her take on the network, exactly, but I agree she shouldn't be on there if she doesn't feel comfortable.

Let's just hope if she wins she doesn't find similar excuses not to do something.