Fox News is the propoganda arm of the Republican party

C

Common Sense Craig

I think you're both right. I'm not naive enough to think that the media hasn't always been partisan, but it really does seem that the gap between news and propaganda is widening. This should surprize no one in this political climate that, yes, I believe is more the work of the GOP than the Dems. It was Gingrich's stated policy to polarize and defeat the dems in 2000. Starting with the attacks on Clinton and culminating with this war in Iraq, the divide is now enormous and very disheartening. The people have been brought along on that ride as has well as the media. It is obvious to anyone who listens daily that major news outlets are just Infoganda machines.
And yes I think that Fox is the worst offender but it's so obvious that I doubt anyone with brains really buys it. Unfortunately, the sheeple do.
Does Fox or MSNBC have the right to say whatever they want? Sure they do. I just wish they didn't try to disguise it as journalism.
My best to you.
Your post is true namvet69. The thing that most troubles me is, not so much that Fox News is a propaganda machine for the Republicans, but that people actually let Fox News decide for them and tell them what is the truth. One of their mottos is, "We Report, You Decide." Actually, it should be, "We Report, We Know You'll Agree, because you're too lazy to listen to all the facts with an open mind and come to your own conclusion."
Because Fox News is not "news", it is just right-wing, (despite Fox having so-called Liberal hosts on its channel), opinionators and commentators who interpret the news with a right-wing slant. To me, it almost seems when I see and hear the hosts on Fox say the words, "Fair and Balanced", "We Report, You Decide" and screaming their opinions at the top of their lungs, cutting guests off and calling them immature little playground names if the guests don't believe as the Fox News hosts do, that the Fox hosts are laughing, knowing that the American sheeple are eating all this propaganda up as the truth!

But I do watch Fox News when I want a laugh and to see how the Right slants everything to lie to the American people. And to see how many hours a day they devote themselves to things like Natalie Hollaway's disappearance in Aruba. Fox News puts their "Liberal" reporter, Greeta van Sustern on these 24/7 serious, world-affecting, how-can-we-drag-this-out-forever reports. Put O'Reilly or Hannity on these "news" stories instead of their let's-praise-Bush and blame-Clinton-for-everything daily rants on their shows. (JMO)

N

namvet69

Your post is true namvet69. The thing that most troubles me is, not so much that Fox News is a propaganda machine for the Republicans, but that people actually let Fox News decide for them and tell them what is the truth. One of their mottos is, "We Report, You Decide." Actually, it should be, "We Report, We Know You'll Agree, because you're too lazy to listen to all the facts with an open mind and come to your own conclusion."
Because Fox News is not "news", it is just right-wing, (despite Fox having so-called Liberal hosts on its channel), opinionators and commentators who interpret the news with a right-wing slant. To me, it almost seems when I see and hear the hosts on Fox say the words, "Fair and Balanced", "We Report, You Decide" and screaming their opinions at the top of their lungs, cutting guests off and calling them immature little playground names if the guests don't believe as the Fox News hosts do.

But I do watch Fox News when I want a laugh and to see how the Right slants everything to lie to the American people. And to see how many hours a day they devote themselves to things like Natalie Hollaway's disappearance in Aruba. Fox News puts their "Liberal" reported, Greeta van Sustern on these 24/7 serious, world-affecting, how-can-we-drag-this-out-forever reports. Put O'Reilly or Hannity on these "news" stories instead of their let's-praise-Bush and blame-Clinton-for-everything daily rants on their shows. (JMO)
Yeah, I will admit, I do watch Fox News and the NEWS shows on it. It's a guilty pleasure I allow myself. I think it's a real hoot! But, at the same time it scares the bejesus out of me. You know, to think that we (America) have gotten to this place.
MBTY ;)

Y

YourThrone

No they don't. Fox has no power over other media outlets.

Just as an FYI, I work in the media. I know more Democrats who work for fox tham I do that work for CBS, ABC and NBC combined. I am a conservative, and I work for a competitor of Fox, and most of out staff are Republicans.

We don't tend to either support or go against causes though - our stories highlight the viewpints of those whom the stories are about, so both sides get "propgated".

I agree! Foxnews do have more democrats working for them but, it's more right wing republican formatted. Forget about Bill o'reilly. He's the worse of the worse, his show is nothing but extreme right wing fanatics.