Foxconn backing off it's promises

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Life isn't simple. Business decisions can be complex. Suspect the truth lies somewhere between the two sides slinging stones at each other.

From a practical perspective. Can only hope there were conditions written into the incentives/subsides contracts between Wisconsin and Foxconn. If Foxconn doesn't come up with all their promises then the incentives should be reduced accordingly. Pretty basic contract fundamentals.

They shouldn't have made this deal in the first place. What about the "government shouldn't be picking winners and losers" crap Ryan was spouting about Solyndra? There's not two sides to the story this isn't on the Dems. Every one of the golden shovels was held by a Republican and only three Dems in the WI senate voted to do it.

All the fence sitting you do must be crushing your balls.

Jun 2014
United States
Life isn't simple. Business decisions can be complex. Suspect the truth lies somewhere between the two sides slinging stones at each other.

From a practical perspective. Can only hope there were conditions written into the incentives/subsides contracts between Wisconsin and Foxconn. If Foxconn doesn't come up with all their promises then the incentives should be reduced accordingly. Pretty basic contract fundamentals.

Yeah, I hope you're right about that. I think you probably are.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Remember those Republican lawmakers & the president with their golden shovels at the Foxconn groundbreaking ceremonies in Wisconsin? Turns out all those manufacturing jobs may not be created after all.

Exclusive: Foxconn reconsidering plans to make LCD panels at Wisconsin plant | Reuters

And don't forget this was part of the deal:

'"Makers and takers" on steroids. We're being taken everyday by our elected politicians who choose to take our hard earned pay and give it to their wealthy friends & we get squat in return.

Please let this become a campaign issue!

One of many "fall-throughs" to come, I'm sure.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
So now I'm wondering why Foxconn didn't think this through. What kind of successful multi-national corporation decides to build a factory in Wisconsin or anywhere else without knowing exactly what they are planning to construct and what it will do?

It's only been a year since this deal was agreed to. How could "conditions" have changed that much? And there's reason to believe they weren't sure they could do what they promised before they signed the contract, isn't that fraud?