Freak Out Over Alabama Abortion Bill

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Do you think women don't walk out and leave men with the resonsibility of raising their children?

Still sounds a bit sexist to me. :think:
We have seen a trend where men are raising their children lately. The difference is...these children have been born already and want their children. That can't be said for the average 18 year old guy who had a one night stand without protection. There was a girl on my floor in the dorm and she had a boyfriend. He was taking the condom off during sex and she did not know. She ended up pregnant and her parents pulled her out of college and basically told her, "you made your bed, now lie on it" The boyfriend walked out of the picture with full support from his parents and she never laid eyes on him again. This is the realistic scenario of why women get abortions. It is not the established, married women who are seeking them.

Apr 2016
Seattle
I could not imagine carrying a baby that resulted from a rape. The DNA in the child alone would be frightening. Even as a grandparent, I could not feel the same about a grandchild that was conceived in a violent matter. I would commit suicide if forced to do that.
you could still do a pregnancy test in plenty of time to stay within the heartbeat timeline. for sure a person that has been raped would do that

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
We have seen a trend where men are raising their children lately. The difference is...these children have been born already and want their children. That can't be said for the average 18 year old guy who had a one night stand without protection. There was a girl on my floor in the dorm and she had a boyfriend. He was taking the condom off during sex and she did not know. She ended up pregnant and her parents pulled her out of college and basically told her, "you made your bed, now lie on it" The boyfriend walked out of the picture with full support from his parents and she never laid eyes on him again. This is the realistic scenario of why women get abortions. It is not the established, married women who are seeking them.
Your assessment is antiquated.

There are many scenarios where the mother walks.

My next door neighbor is a case and point.

He befriended this young woman who had a three year old Autistic child. She became pregnant with my neighbor's child during the course of their relationship.

When she gave birth to the child .... she left leaving both children behind.

Now he is rasing both children alone and he is considerably older than she.

It's not the early 1980's anymore.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
you could still do a pregnancy test in plenty of time to stay within the heartbeat timeline. for sure a person that has been raped would do that
Under this bill proposed, there isn't an exception for rape. A pregnancy test would not be relevant. Plan B is given in the hospital if the woman chooses to report it but women are not often believed in these cases unless the rapist bashes her face in with a crow bar.

HCProf

Sep 2014
USA
Your assessment is antiquated.

There are many scenarios where the mother walks.

My next door neighbor is a case and point.

He befriended this young woman who had a three year old Autistic child. She became pregnant with my neighbor's child during the course of their relationship.

When she gave birth to the child .... she left leaving both children behind.

Now he is rasing both children alone and he is considerably older than she.

It's not the early 1980's anymore.
I realize that..I have two girlfriends who married a guy with custody of his kids. They blended their families together. Your example is not relevant because she chose not to abort and the guy was willing to take on the responsibility. Many men do not want the responsibility...such as the cases where my other friends are raising their own grandchildren because the father is such a douche bag they don't want him near the baby. The so called boyfriends, didn't even show up at the hospital to sign the birth certificates. They wouldn't even appear in court for the paternity testing request. The first thing out of their mouths....have an abortion or get lost.