Freedom From Religion? How About Freedom From Atheism?

Nov 2008
Washington state
This Easter the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) posted another offensive, and historically inaccurate, sign touting Jesus as "a myth." However, did you know an organization exists to counter the FFRF and other intolerant atheists? If you or someone you know has been the victim of militant, confrontational atheism then the place to turn is the Freedom From Atheism Foundation (FFAF).
Created in 2012 as a response to intolerant atheists seeking the removal of a Veterans Memorial that displayed religious symbols, the FFAF has grown leaps and bounds and boasts over 120,000 followers on their Facebook page as of this writing. The Freedom From Atheism Foundation was created as a grassroots civil rights Facebook group to help protect the rights of religious believers, address the rising tide of intolerant atheism across the world, and be a beacon of hope and support for victims of atheist hate.
2. What examples do you have of atheist intolerance towards you or believers in God?

Jonathan Gill: We're now taking screenshots of intolerant and hate filled atheists who contact us and posting them on our website to raise public awareness of the issue. All of the quotes I'm going to share with you can be found on our Facebook page, Freedom From Atheism Foundation. Here are a few examples: One atheist contacted us saying "Wow you guys are literally so (expletive) stupid you should really consider killing yourselves." The atheist merchandise corporation Evolve Fish responded to a pastor of a Church being murdered during Church service by stating "It sure would be nice if more church services ended like this one." One atheist created a Facebook group called Virgin Mary Should've Aborted. Another atheist who contacted us said "American Christians should be labeled a hate group." The atheist Facebook group Exposing the Insanity of the Religious Right said "I wish we could torch the churches." Another atheist contacted us stating "Holy (expletive expletive), you are all retarded and need to be executed." This is but a small sample of the rising atheist hate towards religious believers in America.
4. What are the long-term goals for FFAF?

Dr. Jim Ryan: The formation of a community that had the courage to stand up to atheist bullying and raise awareness to atheist intolerance was our original goal. We were surprised to see that our page had the impact it did and we are now seeing many other people and groups now speaking out against atheist intolerance. Our long-term goal is to make ourselves irrelevant. We hope to one day see an end to atheist intolerance so we can shut down and spend the rest of our lives enjoying the peace and harmony we helped create. Unfortunately, militant atheism seems to be growing more rather than less intolerant. It will be interesting to see where things go. Freedom From Religion? How About Freedom From Atheism?
I can personally say there has been a lot of hate towards Christians that has been promoted by Atheist . Bullying and doing anything they can to shut down and silence them. This Freedom From Atheism is a good start to combating this hate. When people say things about torching churches that leads to people dying, that's not tolerance, that's hate filled violence.

Mar 2019
Portland, OR
This Easter the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) posted another offensive, and historically inaccurate, sign touting Jesus as "a myth." However, did you know an organization exists to counter the FFRF and other intolerant atheists? If you or someone you know has been the victim of militant, confrontational atheism then the place to turn is the Freedom From Atheism Foundation (FFAF).
Created in 2012 as a response to intolerant atheists seeking the removal of a Veterans Memorial that displayed religious symbols, the FFAF has grown leaps and bounds and boasts over 120,000 followers on their Facebook page as of this writing. The Freedom From Atheism Foundation was created as a grassroots civil rights Facebook group to help protect the rights of religious believers, address the rising tide of intolerant atheism across the world, and be a beacon of hope and support for victims of atheist hate.
2. What examples do you have of atheist intolerance towards you or believers in God?

Jonathan Gill: We're now taking screenshots of intolerant and hate filled atheists who contact us and posting them on our website to raise public awareness of the issue. All of the quotes I'm going to share with you can be found on our Facebook page, Freedom From Atheism Foundation. Here are a few examples: One atheist contacted us saying "Wow you guys are literally so (expletive) stupid you should really consider killing yourselves." The atheist merchandise corporation Evolve Fish responded to a pastor of a Church being murdered during Church service by stating "It sure would be nice if more church services ended like this one." One atheist created a Facebook group called Virgin Mary Should've Aborted. Another atheist who contacted us said "American Christians should be labeled a hate group." The atheist Facebook group Exposing the Insanity of the Religious Right said "I wish we could torch the churches." Another atheist contacted us stating "Holy (expletive expletive), you are all retarded and need to be executed." This is but a small sample of the rising atheist hate towards religious believers in America.
4. What are the long-term goals for FFAF?

Dr. Jim Ryan: The formation of a community that had the courage to stand up to atheist bullying and raise awareness to atheist intolerance was our original goal. We were surprised to see that our page had the impact it did and we are now seeing many other people and groups now speaking out against atheist intolerance. Our long-term goal is to make ourselves irrelevant. We hope to one day see an end to atheist intolerance so we can shut down and spend the rest of our lives enjoying the peace and harmony we helped create. Unfortunately, militant atheism seems to be growing more rather than less intolerant. It will be interesting to see where things go. Freedom From Religion? How About Freedom From Atheism?
I can personally say there has been a lot of hate towards Christians that has been promoted by Atheist . Bullying and doing anything they can to shut down and silence them. This Freedom From Atheism is a good start to combating this hate. When people say things about torching churches that leads to people dying, that's not tolerance, that's hate filled violence.
The freedom from religion goes too far and makes far too much out of a few religious objects in public places. But I do think some of these right-wing religious people need to stop trying to insert their religion into any government function they can. Whats the point?

Nov 2008
Washington state
The freedom from religion goes too far and makes far too much out of a few religious objects in public places. But I do think some of these right-wing religious people need to stop trying to insert their religion into any government function they can. Whats the point?
There were not trying to insert religion into government, some of those things have been there for decades. For instance having a cross at a memorial was never thought of as taboo , but since Atheist have been actively threatening to sue government , it has drawn attention to the matter. America is a secular government, but there was a strong religious influence in our founding. Its hard to destroy a heritage to please a few complainers.

Apr 2014
Maryland
There were not trying to insert religion into government, some of those things have been there for decades. For instance having a cross at a memorial was never thought of as taboo , but since Atheist have been actively threatening to sue government , it has drawn attention to the matter. America is a secular government, but there was a strong religious influence in our founding. Its hard to destroy a heritage to please a few complainers.
We are not a Christian country .How would you feel if you went to a memorial and there was only a Muslim flag?

Nov 2008
Washington state
We are not a Christian country .How would you feel if you went to a memorial and there was only a Muslim flag?
If this country was started by Muslims and 70 percent of the country was Muslims I would respect that. Would you go to Iran and try to get the government to stop any signs of the Muslim religion and sue the government if they didn't agree?

Apr 2014
Maryland
If this country was started by Muslims and 70 percent of the country was Muslims I would respect that. Would you go to Iran and try to get the government to stop any signs of the Muslim religion and sue the government if they didn't agree?
So you’re saying because most are Christian we should be like Iran? Just a different religion?You really seem to lack any sensitivity for those people who are not Christian and there are millions of us

Nov 2008
Washington state
Nov 2008
Washington state
I have never had atheism inflicted on me, but as a kid I was forced, in public school, to participate in teacher led prayer. There was nothing nondenominational about it. It was Christian-Protestant. My family was Catholic.
I don't remember prayers in school led by teachers ever. But I do remember Atheist telling me the first amendment gives them freedom from religion. Never could find that statement in that amendment

Nov 2016
USA
I don't remember prayers in school led by teachers ever. But I do remember Atheist telling me the first amendment gives them freedom from religion. Never could find that statement in that amendment
Well, I’m just an old fart who was in grade school when compulsory participation (I think it was theoretically voluntary but nobody ever told us that) in classroom prayer was still legal. And if any kids in class were Jewish, or Hindu, or whatever, well, their faiths were treated as nonexistent.