From Rio to Orlando, self-defense classes are catering to LGBTQ people

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
LGBTQ people face a heightened risk of hate violence, and this is part of the reason martial arts studios are tailoring classes to their specific needs.
By Finbarr Toesland

"While self-defense classes have been offered by Piranhas Team since 2016, the organizers witnessed a substantial increase in demand after self-declared “proud homophobe” Jair Bolsonaro was elected president of Brazil in October 2018."
"Halisson Paes, 42, one of the founders of Piranhas Team, attributes a large part of the group’s growth to the anti-gay rhetoric of Bolsonaro, who previously said: “I would be incapable of loving a gay son. I prefer that he die in an accident.”
"The Brazilian human rights organization Grupo Gay da Bahia reported that 420 LGBTQ people were killed in Brazil last year. A separate report published by two Brazilian trans rights groups reported that 163 transgender people lost their lives in Brazil in 2018 through attacks motivated by their gender identity."

#############################################################################
It is sad to see that it has come to this simply because stupid and bigoted Heterosexuals attack members of the LGBT Community thus, they have found the need to protect themselves from farther harm. What I have never understood is why do the anti-Gay bigots feel the need to use destructive force against Gay people? If they don't like them or what they do then just leave them alone. After all, they are not bothering them and most times don't even want to mix with them. Yet bigots always come looking for trouble to belittle and to fight with those that cause them no harm. Thus, the need for self-defense not only in Brazil but in every country in the world where that is happening.

May 2012
By the wall
How many examples of gays confronting straight people would you like me to show you before you realize that what you said is a lie?

Nov 2010
Massachusetts
Inappropriate Content
How many examples of gays confronting straight people would you like me to show you before you realize that what you said is a lie?
Chill out dude. They’re not threatened by you when all you want to do is suck some dick. Just don’t be so thirsty about it.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
Most of the violence that gays face in America is from their sex partners and basically other gay people.

Jan 2014
California
LGBTQ people face a heightened risk of hate violence, and this is part of the reason martial arts studios are tailoring classes to their specific needs.
By Finbarr Toesland

#############################################################################
It is sad to see that it has come to this simply because stupid and bigoted Heterosexuals attack members of the LGBT Community thus, they have found the need to protect themselves from farther harm. What I have never understood is why do the anti-Gay bigots feel the need to use destructive force against Gay people? If they don't like them or what they do then just leave them alone. After all, they are not bothering them and most times don't even want to mix with them. Yet bigots always come looking for trouble to belittle and to fight with those that cause them no harm. Thus, the need for self-defense not only in Brazil but in every country in the world where that is happening.
Mr. Whip,

I heard classes in "slap-kwan-do" are setting up everywhere....;)

May 2019
Arizona
Chill out dude. They’re not threatened by you when all you want to do is suck some dick. Just don’t be so thirsty about it.
Your completely ridiculous response just goes to show how little you know about gay people.
And how afraid you are of the entire LBGTQ community.
( Hey pal, on Sunday don't forget to tell Jesus how much you hate gays),,, #SadLittleSgt.

Nov 2010
Massachusetts
Your completely ridiculous response just goes to show how little you know about gay people.
And how afraid you are of the entire LBGTQ community.
( Hey pal, on Sunday don't forget to tell Jesus how much you hate gays),,, #SadLittleSgt.
I support the lgbt community and don’t worship a magic sky pixie. So...