Fucking Royal Wedding

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Effing Royal Wedding

I am so sick of hearing about this event. Today's N.Y. Daily News has an article about how the bride's sister is willing to do "anything" in order to be allowed to attend.

Why is the bride's dysfunctional family relations "news"? It's all so superficial and absurd.

Get married, don't get married, IDGAF.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
midwest
I am so sick of hearing about this event. Today's N.Y. Daily News has an article about how the bride's sister is willing to do "anything" in order to be allowed to attend.

Why is the bride's dysfunctional family relations "news"? It's all so superficial and absurd.

Lots of people DO GAF, though.

It's big money, a big television "event".

Some people will actually re-arrange their life schedule so they can watch this "event".

Some people don't have much of a life...

Nov 2014
Florida

Some people will actually re-arrange their life schedule so they can watch this "event".

Understanding of this phenomenon eludes me entirely. Why do they still have a "queen", for a seemingly modern and rational country it's a weird anachronism, a fetish perhaps.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

They are probably just nicer than I am. This "royal" stuff makes my egalitarian teeth ache.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

Understanding of this phenomenon eludes me entirely. Why do they still have a "queen", for a seemingly modern and rational country it's a weird anachronism, a fetish perhaps.
Agreed, although I rather like the Queen. Just not any of her relatives.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio

I've got a cousin who thinks this shit is fascinating. She relates all the latest gossip and I just want to scream "I don't fucking care!" But I just nod and find an excuse to change the subject.

I swear if they could get reports on the royals bowel movements they'd write whole manifestos about them and people would read them.

Celebrity gossip is bad enough, but people who are only celebrities because they emerged from the womb of some other celebrity is the least interesting news in the world to me.

Sep 2016
My own world

Madeline I don't particularly care either but I have the option of not reading the article or changing the channel so that's how I deal with it, give it a try.