Funny pics of the last Tsar

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Funny photos I came upon on a Russian site, of Nikolai (or Nicholas, as the English-speaking world calls him) II, the last Romanov Emperor, who would be slaughtered by the Bolsheviks along with his whole family...

Even Royalty knew how to have fun, back then lol

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Have you watched the Netflix series? "Last Czars"? My coworkers are raving about it.

They're all young women, mind you. And also rave about reality dating shows. But whatever.

Reactions: The Man

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Have you watched the Netflix series? "Last Czars"? My coworkers are raving about it.

They're all young women, mind you. And also rave about reality dating shows. But whatever.
Haven't seen it, will check it out. Though, I must say, vast majority of Western works on Russian history that I have seen, kinda sucked, especially in terms of historical accuracy and such lol

And that includes this Last Years show, btw which, among other things, depicts Moscow Red Square supposedly in 1905... with bloody Lenin's Mausoleum

LMFAO

But, that "Chernobyl" drama is pretty good, at least...

Aug 2018
Vancouver
Yeah history rarely makes a good narrative. I think this one is supposed to be a big grand romance in the genre of "The Tudors".

Reactions: The Man