Gas prices soaring in California

Mar 2019
Texas
Isnt the electric company out there threatening black outs? We have had our first black outs last summer and it was crazy. Nothing gets done. Very unproductive.
]

But doesn't it give you a warm fuzzy feeling to know that you are saving the planet?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
]

But doesn't it give you a warm fuzzy feeling to know that you are saving the planet?
Its not saving the planet when entire computer systems power down and then have to power back up. Or a home gets hot and then they crank the ac up so it has to cool down again. It ends up costing more.

Reactions: MichelleZ
Mar 2019
Texas
Its not saving the planet when entire computer systems power down and then have to power back up. Or a home gets hot and then they crank the ac up so it has to cool down again. It ends up costing more.

Too bad the people in charge can't figure this out

Jul 2014
midwest
One of the lead stories on the "news" this morning is how hundreds of thousands are going to lose power in California.

They gonna be putting in more safety equipment which will take about 4 years.

Maybe after that they'll be able to leave the electricity turned on.

In any case, their high utility bills are gonna go higher.

Maybe some residents will leave for other states...ya think?

Oh wait...

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
One of the lead stories on the "news" this morning is how hundreds of thousands are going to lose power in California.

They gonna be putting in more safety equipment which will take about 4 years.

Maybe after that they'll be able to leave the electricity turned on.

In any case, their high utility bills are gonna go higher.

Maybe some residents will leave for other states...ya think?

Oh wait...
Several days without power??? How are they going to charge electric vehicles? Crazy. Sometimes its hard to believe its the 21st century.

Sep 2019
Idaho
Hardly Trumpling .. I'm now in the VERY green state of Oregon and paid 3.10 yesterday. LESS than i as paying in a VERY red state of Idaho for the record.
SBS .. And Google it ;)
There are 53 Regular gas price reports in the past 5 days in Boise, ID. The average Regular gas price in Boise, ID is $2.72, which is $0.01 lower than U.S. national average Regular gas price $2.73. The lowest Regular gas price is $2.61 of Costco (Membership Required) located at 2051 S Cole Rd, Boise, ID 83709.
Boise, ID Lowest Regular Gas Prices - GasPriceWatch.com

GasBuddy logo

Average Regular Gas Price in Oregon
Salem

Eugene

Portland

Medford

« Average Regular Gas Price by State

Reactions: BoiseBo
Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Just saw a newscast from northern CA and several residents were wondering how long these outages will be and if they will affect election day? Some said they never thought of that, but most voting machines need power to operate. A PG&E spokesperson said it will depend on the winds.

May 2016
california
Lots of people without power today and that's going to create lots of backlash but all the litigation from the paradise fire made it inevitable. But gas in California is high because of the low lying valleys that just sit in the smog and they have to try something. The MTBE additive was the biggest foul up though.

May 2013
N Oregon Coast
There are 53 Regular gas price reports in the past 5 days in Boise, ID. The average Regular gas price in Boise, ID is $2.72, which is $0.01 lower than U.S. national average Regular gas price $2.73. The lowest Regular gas price is $2.61 of Costco (Membership Required) located at 2051 S Cole Rd, Boise, ID 83709.
Boise, ID Lowest Regular Gas Prices - GasPriceWatch.com

GasBuddy logo
Average Regular Gas Price in Oregon
Salem

Eugene

Portland

Medford

« Average Regular Gas Price by State
Actually Gas Buddy shows Portland at a little under 3 bucks. I'm out on the coast where everything is a little more expensive. Makes little difference to me as I go through maybe a tank and a half a month. No sales taxes in Oregon. It more than makes up the cost of things between Boise and the Oregon coast.

Sep 2019
Idaho
Actually Gas Buddy shows Portland at a little under 3 bucks. I'm out on the coast where everything is a little more expensive. Makes little difference to me as I go through maybe a tank and a half a month. No sales taxes in Oregon. It more than makes up the cost of things between Boise and the Oregon coast.
Yeah the no sales tax part is great but the state always gets its money somehow. No tax in one area means a higher tax on something else