Gates and Buffet still the richest

Jan 2008
Vertiform City
Video - Bill Gates, Warren Buffett Top Forbes' U.S. Billionaires List, Mark Zuckerberg Biggest Dollar Loser - WSJ.com

And they're savage Democrats as well.

Anyone define these two as the evil rich? No?

I didn't think so.

Got to go to the 4th or 5th richest to find evil rich, huh Libs?
Well, um... speaking only for myself.... I don't find the "people" to be evil, I find the concentrations of wealth to be dangerous to the American People.

The issue isn't really whether Gates or Buffett are "evil". Gates maintains a very low profile in politics, and even Buffett admits that he should be paying more in taxes. I don't think we can really say that either of these people are "evil".

What we can say though, is that any time you get that much money in one place, under the control of a single person, it presents a danger to both the economy and our political process.

I do not favor taking wealth other than through taxation - BUT - what we could do, is break up chunks larger than a few billion and set up walls (partitions, kind of the same principle as Glass-Steagall) to prevent any single individual or corporation from gaining undue control.

Nov 2010
Video - Bill Gates, Warren Buffett Top Forbes' U.S. Billionaires List, Mark Zuckerberg Biggest Dollar Loser - WSJ.com

I didn't think so.

Of course, nobody is claiming people are evil because they are rich. Wanting more and more while fucking the working class is the problem. GAtes and Buffet want to pay more percentage of their taxes, they also donate billions of dollars to great causes.

OK, sorry to ruin your trolling, continue

Aug 2011
Well, um... speaking only for myself.... I don't find the "people" to be evil, I find the concentrations of wealth to be dangerous to the American People.

The issue isn't really whether Gates or Buffett are "evil". Gates maintains a very low profile in politics, and even Buffett admits that he should be paying more in taxes. I don't think we can really say that either of these people are "evil".

What we can say though, is that any time you get that much money in one place, under the control of a single person, it presents a danger to both the economy and our political process.

I do not favor taking wealth other than through taxation - BUT - what we could do, is break up chunks larger than a few billion and set up walls (partitions, kind of the same principle as Glass-Steagall) to prevent any single individual or corporation from gaining undue control.
Buffet can pay as much in taxes as he wants, give as much money to the government as he wants. He's just full of shit.

Jul 2011
USA

So....beynd you personally......you've never heard the 4th and 5th place Koch brothers labeled as the evil or out of touch rich?

And are youn saying Gates presents a danger to our economy and nation?

My....but yer odd.

Jul 2011
USA
Of course, nobody is claiming people are evil because they are rich. Wanting more and more while fucking the working class is the problem. GAtes and Buffet want to pay more percentage of their taxes, they also donate billions of dollars to great causes.

OK, sorry to ruin your trolling, continue
Oh...but they are claiming those rich are out of touch. Have been priviledged. And yet I've never heard that complaint, look to how you kiss their asses here.

Have you always been a weak liberal, Dr?

Dec 2011
Seattle

I didn't think so.

Nope. I respect Buffett and admire Gates, and have since shortly after Bush tax cuts went into effect, they together actively spoke out against the changes in tax policy. Gates leans left, and Buffett is a self-described Liberal Democrat. So thanks for bringing it to our attention that Leftitards populate the two tops spots among America's richest.

Jul 2011
USA
Nope. I respect Buffett and admire Gates, and have since shortly after Bush tax cuts went into effect, they together actively spoke out against the changes in tax policy. Gates leans left, and Buffett is a self-described Liberal Democrat. So thanks for bringing it to our attention that Leftitards populate the two tops spots among America's richest.
Of course you respect Gates and Buffet, they don't have an (R) after their names. The 4th and 5th richest are named Koch(R) and they're the evil rich, priviledged, out of touch types, huh koios?

Yer much like an occupy wall street sheeple, their moment of silence for Steve Jobs when they were supposedly demonstrating against capitalism still ranks as one of the all time bone headed endeavors.