Gay Couples More Educated, Have More Money

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Look up "recessive genes."
So.

You buy into Howey's idea that Gays are just genetically smarter?

I don't know if I believe that "homosexuality" is "genetic."

I mean, sure, when you get right down to it, EVERYTHING is based on our genetic make up, but, I believe that "nurture" has a lot to do with it.

(Plus, with very little understanding of genetics, I believe that probably, SEVERAL genes act in unison, to create many of our differing chracteristics....)

Jan 2014
California
Reactions: 1 person

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
So. You buy into Howey's idea that Gays are just genetically smarter?

I don't know if I believe that "homosexuality" is "genetic."

I mean, sure, when you get right down to it, EVERYTHING is based on our genetic make up, but, I believe that "nurture" has a lot to do with it.

(Plus, with very little understanding of genetics, I believe that probably, SEVERAL genes act in unison, to create many of our differing chracteristics....)
Homosexuality is at least partially genetic. A propensity towards intelligence is also genetic.

Consider that left-handedness is genetic - and there's a connection between left-handedness and a propensity towards intelligence. There's nothing illogical about a similar correlation between homosexuality and intelligence.

It doesn't mean that all gay people have a propensity towards intelligence. It just means that a higher percentage of gay people have this propensity than straight people.

Pulling numbers out of my ass to make a point, it might mean that 2% of straight people are inclined towards high intelligence, while 4% of gay people have the same inclination. That's a 100% greater chance. It still means that in either group, more than 95% are NOT inclined towards high intelligence.

Last edited: